Tottenham boss Jose Mourinho refused to vent his anger over Eric Dier’s four-match ban, but said Spurs are unlikely to appeal against the decision.
An independent panel handed Dier the sanction on Wednesday after he confronted a fan after Spurs’ FA Cup exit to Norwich in March.
Mourinho has previously said he did not expect Dier to receive any punishment, but is now keeping quiet.
He said: “No reaction. I prefer no reaction. I am not going to answer, if I answer I am going to be in trouble and I don’t want to be. So no comment on that.
“I don’t think so, if you appeal you have other risks. At least let’s start next season without a suspension. We all know how it works at these FA decisions.”
Mourinho had previously offered his opinion on Matteo Guendouzi’s clash with Neal Maupay. The FA did not ban Guendouzi for grabbing the Brighton striker’s throat.
The Spurs boss added on Wednesday: “I spoke about both situations a few weeks ago. I spoke about Guendouzi and probably I shouldn’t because he is not my player and probably I have no right to comment about others.
“In relation to Eric, I spoke enough two years ago when the situation happened. And also a couple of weeks ago when one of you asked me about the situation.”
MOURINHO RULES OUT ALLI
Elsewhere, Mourinho ruled Dele Alli out of Tottenham’s visit to Bournemouth on Thursday night, but says his hamstring injury is “small”.
“We know that he had a little sad history about hamstrings last season I think so it’s to be careful and not risk when you know that he has a little problem there. So tomorrow out,” the manager said.
Tottenham face a struggling Cherries side who have not won in the Premier League since February.
Thursday’s clash with Spurs forms part of a tough run-in for Eddie Howe’s side, who still have to play Leicester and Manchester City.