Napoli demand Chelsea star to get Sarri, Jorginho moves done

Date published: Wednesday 11th July 2018 12:13

Napoli are reportedly hoping to sign Cesc Fabregas as Chelsea move in on Maurizio Sarri and Jorginho.

Chelsea are understood to be getting closer to appointing former Napoli boss Sarri to replace Antonio Conte.

The Blues are also believed to be chasing Manchester City target Jorginho, with the Brazilian understood to be waiting for Sarri to be appointed at Stamford Bridge.

And now La Repubblica claims Chelsea could include Fabregas in their double deal for Sarri and Jorginho.

According to the Italian newspaper, Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis is “pushing” for Fabregas’ involvement in negotiations.

Fabregas, 31, who said earlier this year he would be open to returning to Arsenal in a coaching capacity, is only under contract until next summer, and there has been no speculation about his future, until now.

The report claims new Napoli boss Carlo Ancelotti, who managed Fabregas at Chelsea, would be “very comfortable” taking the experienced midfielder and the article even claims his arrival could “tip the balance in the entire deal”.

Asked about his contract in November last year, the former Spain man revealed he wanted to extend his deal at Chelsea.

“Would I like to renew? Yes, because it is a club that has always treated me well,” he told the Evening Standard.

“I believe the fans have a lot of respect for me and I have a lot of respect for them. I have given my all for the club for the last three-and-a-half years.

“This is a fantastic club for me and I have had a fantastic time here. Hopefully another contract will happen. Time will tell.”

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM