Gary Neville believes that Jorginho’s exit at Chelsea is already sealed.
The Italy international has struggled to impress Frank Lampard and since the return of the Premier League last month he has played just 10 minutes from the bench.
That was in Tuesday night’s 3-2 win over Crystal Palace when the midfielder again started on the bench and replaced youngster Billy Gilmour with 10 minutes remaining.
N’Golo Kante’s absence from the trip to Selhurst Park looked like handing Jorginho a rare start, but instead Lampard went with 19-year-old Gilmour.
And Neville believes the writing is on the wall for Jorginho and Lampard has a clear plan to offload the 28-year-old in the summer.
Neville told Sky Sports: “You have to think that he is being managed out of Stamford Bridge.
“I think it’s been clear from the moment Frank Lampard came in that he wants to build a young and hungry squad.
“Look at the way David Luiz was let go. With the way Jorginho has been dealt with, it’s quite clear where Lampard wants to take the team.
“When you think of Pep Guardiola and Jurgen Klopp over the last few years, they don’t veer away from the plan for any player.
“Frank Lampard has got a clear plan.”
CHELSEA OFFERED PICK OF TWO PLAYERS
Chelsea should not have any trouble selling Jorginho though with old boss Maurizio Sarri believed to be keen on being reunited with him at Juventus.
Sarri brought Jorginho with him from Napoli to Chelsea for a fee of £58m in 2018, and he has been heavily linked with another move for the player.
Tuttosport report that Juventus are currently in talks with Chelsea over a deal and are ready to pay a transfer fee in instalments due to the financial uncertainty left by the Covid-19 pandemic.
The report also claims the Serie A club are ready to add one of either Adrien Rabiot or Aaron Ramsey into the deal in order to get it over the line this summer.
Lampard although keen to offload the player, will be told not to lose Jorginho for less than the £58m they paid for him, according to The Daily Express.