Arsenal are inching towards an exciting double transfer raid for a pair of Spain-based attackers, while Rafa Benitez has warned two candidates away from the Newcastle vacancy, according to Wednesday’s newspapers.
ARSENAL GIVEN HOPE OF DEALS FOR REAL MADRID, BARCELONA STARS
Arsenal have been offered the chance to sign Real Madrid striker Mariano Diaz in a cut-price deal, according to reports.
Unai Emery is hoping to bolster his attacking options this summer, but efforts to prise Wilfried Zaha to the club look destined to fail with Crystal Palace rejecting Arsenal’s opening bid.
Bournemouth’s Ryan Fraser remains an option, but Emery could instead turn to LaLiga after the Daily Mirror claimed they had been offered Diaz for a bargain £18million.
It’s reported Arsenal had contacted Real over the possibility of Lucas Vazquez, rated in the £60million mark, but were instead told they could land Diaz instead.
Diaz made 13 appearances in LaLiga last season, scoring three times, but is one of several players told they can leave to help balance the books at the Bernabeu.
Arsenal, meanwhile, are also looking into hijack Everton’s £31.5m move for Barcelona winger Malcom, according to The Sun.
While a cash deal might be out the question for the Gunners – unless they manage to bolster their budget by offloading players – Arsenal could instead ask Barca if they would consider selling them Malcolm on a loan-to-buy deal with the transfer going through in 12 months time and price dependent on whether the club secures Champions League or Europa League qualification.
Get the latest personalised Arsenal products on our new TEAMtalk Gunners shop!
AND THE REST
Mikel Arteta and Patrick Vieira have been warned off the Newcastle job by Rafa Benitez (The Sun)
Paul Pogba will be asked to wait a year before quitting Manchester United by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer (The Sun)
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has told Romelu Lukaku to stay at Manchester United to get his chance next season (The Sun)
Bournemouth are offering England striker Callum Wilson a new five-year deal to keep him at the Vitality (The Sun)
Morgan Rogers has had a medical at Manchester City ahead of a stunning move from West Brom (The Sun)
Bolton right-back Harry Brockbank, 20, is set to sign a new two-year deal, despite originally being released with Wanderers in administration (The Sun)
Brentford are set to sign Danish under-21 captain Mathias Jensen with the midfielder expected to arrive for a £3.6million fee from Celta Vigo (The Sun)
Mark Campbell’s Sunderland takeover is off after he took a closer look at the club’s books (The Sun)
Paris Saint-Germain will want €222m (£200m) from Barcelona if they are to sign Brazil forward Neymar – the same fee the French club paid the Spanish side for the 27-year-old (Daily Mirror)
Celtic boss Neil Lennon has claimed it’s business as usual for Kieran Tierney, despite speculation linking the full-back with Arsenal (Daily Mirror)
Bayern Munich are still interested in signing Germany winger Leroy Sane from Manchester City, despite the 23-year-old’s £90m asking price (Daily Mirror)
Aston Villa have slapped in bids for Burnley keeper Tom Heaton and Egyptian winger Trezeguet (Daily Mirror)
Tottenham expect Christian Eriksen to return to pre-season training by the end of the week before the club fly to Asia for their tour next Wednesday (Daily Telegraph)
Norwich City’s England Under-19 defender Max Aarons, 19, has agreed a new five-year contract with the Premier League newcomers.
Jim Ratcliffe’s purchase of OGC Nice for about €100m is close to completion (The Times)
Steven Gerrard has revealed Rangers are closing in on their eighth summer signing (Daily Record)
Stevie May is edging closer to the Aberdeen exit door – with Ross County the latest side to join the chase (Daily Record)