Arsenal will go head to head with Manchester United for David Luiz in January, while Man City, Arsenal and Chelsea are all chasing Wilfried Zaha, according to the papers.
GUNNERS GO FOR DAVID LUIZ
Arsenal are planning a shock move for Chelsea defender David Luiz next month, according to reports.
The Daily Express exclusively claims the Gunners will make a bid of £30million for Luiz in January, while The Sun say Arsenal “are ready to hit Chelsea with a £25million bid”.
Luiz, 30, is currently sidelined with a knee injury, which Antonio Conte claimed on Friday was serious. The pair though are believed to be a loggerheads after falling out earlier in the season.
Luiz has started once since the 3-0 loss at Roma on October 31, having been dropped for the visit of Manchester United on November 5 amid talk of a fallout with Conte.
Since starting at Qarabag in the Champions League, the Brazil star has been suffering with inflammation around his knee and Conte has previously denied talk of a breakdown in their relationship.
According to French outlet RMC Sport, Luiz has held discussions with Real over a possible January transfer.
Luiz and Conte apparently had a difference of opinion at the tactics used in Chelsea’s recent 3-0 hammering by Roma in the Champions League.
Asked if Luiz had a future immediately after the United match, Conte told Sky Sports: “I don’t know. He has to work really hard otherwise they are on the bench or in the stand.”
AND THE REST
Real Madrid are in advanced negotiations with Chelsea playmaker Eden Hazard, 26.
Manchester City are ready to join Arsenal and Chelsea in the pursuit of Crystal Palace winger Wilfried Zaha, 25. (Daily Mirror)
Real midfielder Marco Asensio, 21, has told the club he will leave if Hazard joins. (Diario Gol, via Daily Star)
Atletico Madrid striker Antoine Griezmann, 26, could be set to join Barcelona. (BBC Radio 5 live)
Manchester United want more than £35m for 28-year-old midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan. (Daily Mail)
Manchester United transfer target Sergej Milinkovic, 22, says he is happy at Lazio, scuppering Jose Mourinho’s plans for a £95m January move for the midfielder. (Mediaset Premium, via Daily Star)
Tony Pulis is ready to make an emotional return to Stoke City to stave off the threat of relegation. (The Sun)
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is eyeing a swoop for Mainz starlet Abdou Diallo. (The Sun)
Chelsea manager Antonio Conte has told his club’s Premier League rivals they cannot afford to allow Manchester City to sign defender Virgil van Dijk, 26, from Southampton. (Goal)
Southampton boss Mauricio Pellegrino will recommend to the Saints board that they resist any offers for Van Dijk in January. (Daily Echo)
West Ham are preparing moves for Liverpool striker Danny Ings, 25, and Bournemouth midfielder Harry Arter, 27, in January. (Daily Star)
Arsenal are lining up a move for Reading’s academy boss Lee Herron to work under Per Mertesacker when he takes charge of the club’s academy next season. (Metro)
Aston Villa and Sheffield United have enquired about Leicester striker Leonardo Ulloa, but appear set to miss out as Claude Puel is keen to keep the Argentine. (Daily Mail)
Sergio Aguero has been unable to feature regularly for Manchester City this season as he has been playing with a heel injury. (Daily Mail)
Arsene Wenger is considering an offer for Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany should the Premier League leaders come back in for Alexis Sanchez in January. (Daily Star)S
Sol Campbell is coveting a return to Portsmouth as part of their coaching staff. (Daily Star)
Brighton will reject any offers from Rangers for winger Jamie Murphy in the January transfer window. (Daily Star)
Barcelona striker Luis Suarez says Liverpool playmaker Philippe Coutinho would be welcomed at the Catalan club. Coutinho, 25, has been regularly linked with a move to the Nou Camp. (Liverpool Echo)
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp says RB Leipzig midfielder Naby Keita will not join the Reds in January. A deal has already been agreed for the 22-year-old to move at the end of the season. (Daily Express)
John Obi Mikel has dismissed reports linking him with a move back to the Premier League with Everton. The 30-year-old former Chelsea midfielder says he is happy playing in the Chinese Super League for Tianjin Teda. (Tianjin TV, via Daily Mail)
Paris St-Germain manager Unai Emery has suggested the club could be in the market for a defensive midfielder in the January transfer window. Regular holding midfield player Thiago Motta has missed much of the past six weeks with a knee injury. (FourFourTwo)
The best of yesterday’s papers…
MAN UTD TARGET MOVE FOR JUVE STAR
Manchester United are reportedly set to make a £60m bid for Juventus full-back Alex Sandro in January.
Juve turned down a £65m offer from Chelsea for the Brazilian in the summer and although Antonio Conte is still keen on the player, the Daily Mirror reports that United are now firmly in the running to seal his signature.
The Italian champions are said to be ready to cut their losses on the 26-year-old, who could replace Matteo Darmian at Old Trafford.
The Italy international is a target for Turkish outfit Galatasaray and also been linked with a return to Serie A, with United boss Jose Mourinho openly searching for new options in the left-back spot.
Tottenham’s Danny Rose was thought be main Mourinho’s main target but it would now appear that United have turned their attentions to Sandro, who is likely to be a more viable option than the England star.
The best United news direct to your Facebook timeline: Like our dedicated Manchester Utd Facebook page.
AND THE REST
Chelsea are considering making a bid for Crystal Palace forward Wilfried Zaha, who has been strongly linked with Tottenham, in January (Daily Mirror)
Antonio Conte says the other big six teams cannot allow Virgil van Dijk to sign for Manchester City (Daily Mirror)
West Ham’s Manuel Lanzini is sweating on a three-game ban for diving against Stoke with the incident now under FA review (Daily Mirror)
Arsene Wenger believes Mesut Ozil is in the best form of his Arsenal career which is why he deserves a mega new contract (Daily Mirror)
Mauricio Pochettino says Dele Alli needs “help” after he narrowly avoided a red card in the defeat to Manchester City (Daily Mirror)
Arsenal forward Alexis Sanchez has turned down a £400,000-a-week offer from a Chinese club because he is determined to join Manchester City (The Sun)
Newcastle want RB Salzburg striker Dimitri Oberlin in January but he’s currently on loan at Basel (The Sun)
Swansea midfielder and assistant coach Leon Britton will take over as boss should Paul Clement be fired (The Sun)
Manchester United are targeting a £30m move for 20-year-old Bordeaux winger Malcom (Daily Mail)
Italian champions Juventus and Spanish giants Real Madrid are keen to sign Chelsea defender David Luiz (Daily Mail)
Graham Poll thinks Dele Alli should have been sent off in Tottenham’s defeat by Manchester City (Daily Mail)
Christian Benteke says he has no regrets about his penalty nightmare against Bournemouth last week (Daily Star)
Everton manager Sam Allardyce says they are crying out for the return of injured winger Yannick Bolasie (The Guardian)
Roy Hodgson has blasted Eddie Howe over allegations of Wilfried Zaha diving to win Crystal Palace penalties (The Independent)
Everton sent scouts to watch Charlton’s 20-year-old defender Ezri Konsa on Saturday (Liverpool Echo)