Paper Talk: Beckham plotting stunning Miami move for Messi

Date published: Sunday 16th September 2018 10:24

David Beckham is looking to lure a Barcelona superstar to Miami in 2020, while Man Utd could be back in for an Arsenal playmaker in January, according to Sunday’s newspapers.

 

INTER MIAMI LOOKING TO LURE MESSI IN 2020

David Beckham and his new MLS team Inter Miami are reported to be planning a spectacular swoop for Lionel Messi for their debut season in 2020.

Beckham’s high-profile club have been linked with a number of big-name players, although executives at several MLS clubs said last week they were convinced Inter will bid to make the biggest statement possible and land Messi – as reported in the Mail on Sunday.

The Argentine’s contract at Barcelona runs until the end of the 2020-21 season but the playmaker, who will turn 33 the previous summer, and the Catalan giants may be tempted if Miami submit a mammoth offer.

Lionel Messi TEAMtalk

A source close to Beckham’s club said that no contact has yet been made with Messi, or any other potential targets, but admitted that the five-time Ballon d’Or winner would be the obvious big-name signing if he could be tempted away.

Messi has said in the past that he would prefer to end his career at the Nou Camp and it is unlikely that he would choose to move to any other top-flight European club, if indeed he does decide on a new challenge.

It has been claimed in the past that he might make a sentimental return to club football in Argentina but the possibility of playing for Beckham in Miami, where there is a 70 per cent Latino population, could well have a greater appeal.

 

AND THE REST

Juventus are ready to use Argentine golden boy Paulo Dybala as bait in a bid to prise Paul Pogba away from Manchester United (Sunday Mirror)

Manchester United have told Inter Milan they will have to trade Ivan Perisic as part of any temporary move for striker Anthony Martial (Sunday Mirror)

Chelsea are among a number of clubs who have been impressed by Fulham striker Aleksandar Mitrovic’s explosive start to the season (Sunday Mirror)

Chelsea are set to open talks over a new deal with defender David Luiz (Sunday Mirror)

Manchester United are closely monitoring Arsenal playmaker Mesut Ozil and could make a move in the January transfer window (Sunday Express)

LONDON, ENGLAND - AUGUST 12: Mesut Ozil of Arsenal runs with the ball during the Premier League match between Arsenal FC and Manchester City at Emirates Stadium on August 12, 2018 in London, United Kingdom. (Photo by Shaun Botterill/Getty Images)

Manchester City have refused Liverpool’s offer to pay for the damage inflicted on their team bus by missile-throwing fans last season (Sunday Mirror)

Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri is ready to go head to head with former club Napoli to sign Italian international winger Federico Chiesa (Sunday Express)

Liverpool are leading Premier League rivals Tottenham in the chase to sign highly-rated Cagliari midfielder Nicolo Barella (Sunday Express)

Nicolo Barella TEAMtalk

James Collins has closed the door on a sensational return to West Ham (Sunday Express)

Paul Ince could be on the verge of a surprise return to management with League Two strugglers Morecambe (Sun on Sunday)

Blackburn Rovers will keep Bradley Dack in January if they still have hopes of reaching the Sky Bet Championship play-offs (Sun on Sunday)

Inter Milan are planning a renewed move to take Manchester United’s Anthony Martial on loan in January (Daily Star Sunday)

Anthony Martial TEAMtalk

Bournemouth striker Sam Surridge is being lined up by Preston after impressing in a loan spell with Oldham (Sun on Sunday)

Everton’s young striker Fraser Hornby is wanted by a host of EFL clubs after being told to stay at Goodison Park until January before being loaned out (Sun on Sunday)

Nottingham Forest hope to sign Crystal Palace winger Jason Puncheon in January, while Forest midfielder Ryan Yates is a loan target for Hull City (Sun on Sunday)

Kevin de Bruyne is planning to return to the Manchester City line-up for the derby clash with United on November 11 (Daily Star Sunday)

Manchester City will get a close-up view this week of two players they have been scouting – Lyon midfielders Lucas Tousart and Tanguy Ndombele (Daily Star Sunday)

Fabian Balbuena has ordered his new West Ham team-mates to start taking control of matches (Daily Star Sunday)

Andros Townsend is in line for a new deal at Crystal Palace to bring him in line with the club’s leading earners (Sunday People)

Bournemouth are plotting a £15m raid on Brentford for defender Chris Mepham and striker Ollie Watkins (Sunday People)

Pape Souare is set to leave Crystal Palace two years after the serious car accident which left him battling to save his career (Sunday People)

Nick Powell finds himself in the middle of a transfer tussle between Brighton and Scottish champions Celtic (Scottish Sun)

David Weir has revealed Mark Warburton tried to sign Rangers star Connor Goldson for Nottingham Forest (Scottish Sun)

Hearts are close to making an eighteenth summer signing after Sean Clare started training with the Jambos (Scottish Sun)

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM