Thorgan Hazard has made a big claim about his brother’s Chelsea future, while the Blues and Man City are battling for a teenage Sunderland sensation, according to Monday’s newspapers.
HAZARD’S BROTHER REVEALS REAL MADRID DECISION
Thorgan Hazard, brother of Chelsea and Belgium midfielder Eden, has revealed that the 27-year-old will not leave Stamford Bridge for Real Madrid in January.
The Blues star was strongly tipped to move to the Bernabeu last summer but Chelsea refused to sell the Belgium international.
Hazard previously publicly revealed his admiration for the Spanish giants, putting Real on red alert but new Stamford Bridge chief Maurizio Sarri convinced Hazard to remain at at the club until at least January.
And Hazard’s brother Thorgan, who quit Stamford Bridge for Borussia Monchengladbach back in 2015, says the Chelsea star will not be making the move in the winter transfer window.
“Eden made the right decision to stay at Chelsea,” Thorgan told Belgian newspaper HLN, via the Daily Express.
“Chelsea weren’t keen on selling him and he had a strong start of the season.
“Real Madrid are in a complex period.
“They sacked their manager, key players left. They have to rebuild.
“I think Eden will see what happens at the end of the season. I know him. He’s not thinking about a move right now.
“He will give everything for Chelsea. He doesn’t want a clash with his club either.
“If he ever leaves, he will play it correctly.”
Fancy the latest news on the Blues? Like our dedicated Chelsea Facebook page to get it straight to your timeline
AND THE REST
Jurgen Klopp is seriously considering leaving Xherdan Shaqiri out of the squad that travels to play Red Star Belgrade as he is likely to receive a hostile reception (Daily Telegraph)
Chelsea and Manchester City are battling to sign Sunderland’s teen sensation Bali Mumba after he impressed their scouts (The Sun)
Manchester United are considering approaching Gary Neville and Ryan Giggs over using their Hotel Football as a base before home matches in a bid to avoid being late for games (The Sun)
Brighton supremo Paul Barber is the favourite to succeed Martin Glenn as chief executive of the FA after being headhunted for the role (The Sun)
Stoke will demand answers from James McClean after slamming his team’s own fans over his refusal to wear a poppy on his shirt (The Sun)
One West Ham fan has set up a Go Fund Me page to pay for Declan Rice’s new contract after he turned down the club’s initial offer (The Sun)
David Wagner has received assurances from the Huddersfield board that he will not be sacked, even if they are relegated (Daily Mail)
LA Galaxy’s former Sweden striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic, 37, could return to AC Milan on a six-month deal (Daily Mirror)
England’s record cap-holder Peter Shilton has slammed the decision to award Wayne Rooney with an England farewell, accusing the FA of ‘giving caps away’ (Daily Mirror)
Granit Xhaka has revealed Arsenal’s players are convinced they will finish in the top four this season (Daily Mirror)
Liverpool and Senegal winger Sadio Mane, 26, has dismissed concerns about his contract situation, insisting he is “happy” at Anfield (Liverpool Echo)
Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City and Manchester United are likely to face legal action from the remaining 15 Premier League clubs if they join a proposed European super league in 2021 (The Independent)
Former Premier League referee Mark Halsey believes criticism towards Lee Probert over his decision to book Leicester’s Demarai Gray on Saturday is unfair and he blames the game’s refereeing body PGMOL instead (The Sun)
Gordon Strachan is among the favourites to replace Mark Hughes at Southampton if the Welshman gets sacked (Daily Record)
Barry Smith is in the running to return to Brechin City as manager, nearly 10 years on from a spell as a player at Glebe Park (Daily Record)