Paper Talk: Man Utd submit big opening bid for Bruno Fernandes

Date published: Wednesday 17th July 2019 8:26

Manchester United have finally made an official approach for Bruno Fernandes, while Dani Alves has given Arsenal some massive demands if he is to join the Gunners on a free transfer, according to Wednesday’s papers.

 

UNITED LAUNCH £50M BRUNO FERNANDES BID

Manchester United have opened official negotiations with Sporting Lisbon over a deal to bring Bruno Fernandes to Old Trafford.

According to the Daily Mirror, United have submitted an opening £50m bid to the Portuguese side for the player, who has been on their radar all summer.

And it seems Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has won his battle with United executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward, who it was reported earlier this week had deemed the Portugal international as over-valued.

However, their opening £50m offer suggests Solskjaer has got his way, though it remains to be seen whether Sporting will accept their opening offer given they are said to be seeking nearer a £70m fee.

And the report says the Red Devils are intent on bringing the 24-year-old midfielder to Old Trafford irrespective of Paul Pogba’s ongoing predicament at Old Trafford and amid claims the World Cup winner is trying to engineer himself a way out of the club.

Fernandes is coming off the back of an incredible season in which he scored 32 goals and won the Portuguese cup for his club, while he also helped Portugal win the inaugural UEFA Nations League final.

And United’s desire to sign the player has been highlighted by claims they have offered the player a huge £5.5million a year deal over a four-year contract – which works out at around £100,000-a-week.

 

Get the latest personalised Red Devils products on our new TEAMtalk Man Utd shop!

 

AND THE REST

Dani Alves is prepared to take a pay cut to join Arsenal – but still wants £200k-a-week wages (The Sun)

Inter Milan will this week tell Manchester United they will meet their £75m asking price for Romelu Lukaku – but only in a deal including bonus payments (The Sun)

Arsenal have agreed a deal to sign Brazil forward Everton in a £36m transfer from Gremio (The Sun)

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has held talks with Fred over the last few weeks and assured him he is part of Manchester United’s first-team plans (The Sun)

Arsenal are desperate to sign Barcelona’s Malcom on loan but the La Liga champions are demanding £50m upfront (The Sun)

William Saliba reportedly wants to seal a transfer to Arsenal but St Etienne prefer rivals Tottenham’s offer for the 18-year-old (The Sun)

West Ham have agreed a £3m deal with Wigan to sell striker Jordan Hugill – and he is trying to agree terms (The Sun)

Brentford are making a £750k bid for Blackpool left back Marc Bola (The Sun)

Luton have bid a club-record £1.35m for Rijeka goalkeeper Simon Sluga (The Sun)

PSG offered Neymar to Manchester United after rejecting Barcelona’s bid, according to reports in Spain (Daily Express)

Newcastle are on the verge of appointing former Lyon boss Bruno Genesio as their new manager (Daily Express)

Christian Eriksen and Toby Alderweireld are expected to take part in Tottenham’s pre-season tour despite doubts about their futures at the club (Daily Mail)

Stoke have warned Jack Butland will not be allowed to leave for under £20m (Daily Mirror)

Manchester United star Eric Bailly is being ‘lined up for a transfer’ if Harry Maguire completes his switch from Leicester (Daily Mirror)

Liverpool have been named as the ‘ideal destination’ for promising Real Sociedad star Mikel Oyarzabal with the Spain international set to leave the Spanish side in the coming weeks (Daily Mirror)

Napoli have reportedly made a £14.5m offer for Everton youngster Henry Onyekuru (Daily Mirror)

Arsenal are confident they will beat Tottenham to the loan signing of Real Madrid starlet Dani Ceballos and get the deal done before the weekend with the player keen to sort his future (Daily Star)

Barcelona have been told by PSG that Neymar will cost them 300m euros (£271m) as the Ligue 1 club reject any swap deal including Philippe Coutinho and Ousmane Dembele (Daily Star)

West Ham are expected to complete a club record £45m move for Sebastien Haller despite fears of a late gazumping by a Champions League club (Daily Star)

Jonjo Shelvey says he is not looking to leave Newcastle United this summer (Daily Star)

Arsenal’s Unai Emery is hoping to buy four players as he eyes ‘very big, very expensive’ recruits (Daily Telegraph)

Everton are interested in Juventus striker Mario Mandzukic and are waiting to see if the Croatia international has a future at the Serie A champions under new manager Maurizio Sarri (Daily Telegraph)

Danny Rose will not travel with the Tottenham squad to Singapore on Wednesday for the club’s pre-season tour in Asia and instead the left-back will stay behind in England with a view to him being sold (Daily Telegraph)

Manchester City are willing to let £42m defender Eliaquim Mangala leave the club on a free transfer this summer as he will not even be included in Pep Guardiola’s first team squad (Daily Telegraph)

Everton midfielder Idrissa Gueye remains eager to move to Paris Saint-Germain this summer (Daily Telegraph)

 

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM