Paper Talk: Chelsea plotting double raid on PSG for midfield duo

Date published: Saturday 28th December 2019 10:30

Chelsea are eyeing a double raid on PSG in the January transfer window, while Carlo Ancelotti has blocked the exit of a top Everton star, all in Saturday’s papers.

 

CHELSEA EYE DOUBLE JANUARY DEAL

Chelsea manager Frank Lampard is reportedly interested in signing Julian Draxler and Idrissa Gueye from Ligue 1 heavyweights Paris Saint-Germain.

The Blues are said to be primarily targeting attacking midfielder Draxler, who can also play as a winger, but are also monitoring former Everton star Gueye’s game time in Paris.

Chelsea were not expecting to do any business in January, having been landed with a 12-month transfer embargo last year, but with the ban now overturned – Lampard is expected to be handed funds to strengthen his side’s push for the top four.

And Le10Sport claims that Draxler and Gueye are near the top of Chelsea’s list of targets.

Germany international Draxler has been linked with a move away from PSG for a number of months, with Premier League teams reportedly leading the chase.

Chelsea have been heavily tipped to sign Draxler next month, with the Germany international struggling to string a series of matches together in the French capital.

He has made 126 appearances for the French champions, scoring 20 goals during that time.

Gueye, meanwhile, is far less likely to leave PSG in January – having only signed for them for £27million in the summer.

He’s been a big transfer success story for Thomas Tuchel, having impressed since making his debut, but has also been injury prone and has already missed seven league matches this season.

The report adds that PSG chief Leonardo is currently looking for a younger defensive midfielder to take over from Gueye in the future and that for the right price th3 30-year-old could be offloaded.

 

 

AND THE REST

Manchester United are considering a move for Leicester full-back Ricardo Pereira (Daily Star)

Spurs are willing to offer Real Madrid Christian Eriksen and £25.7m for Gareth Bale in January (The Sun)

Chelsea will charge Inter Milan an extra £9m to sign Marcos Alonso – the same amount Antonio Conte won from Chelsea in a bitter legal battle (The Sun)

Carlo Ancelotti will block any bids from Manchester United for Everton forward Richarlison (The Sun)

Chelsea boss Frank Lampard is considering a double transfer swoop for PSG duo Julian Draxler and Idrissa Gueye (Daily Express)

Daniel Farke says he is not afraid of losing Norwich full-back Max Aarons in January (Daily Express)

Arsenal have been linked with RB Leipzig central defender Dayot Upamecano and the 21-year-old could be allowed to leave the German club if they can sign fellow Frenchman Tanguy Kouassi from Paris St-Germain (Daily Mirror)

New Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta could move for Juventus midfielder Adrien Rabiot on loan in January as he looks to strengthen his options (Daily Mail)

The Chinese football authorities have introduced a new salary cap that could see Oscar, Marouane Fellaini and Marko Arnautovic return to the Premier League (Daily Mail)

Jose Mourinho has dismissed suggestions of a row between him and Tanguy Ndombele after the midfielder indicated he did not want to play on Boxing Day (Daily Mail)

Burnley and Brighton are considering a move for Hamilton’s £1.5m rated defender Jamie Hamilton (Daily Mail)

Arsenal, Newcastle United and Paris St-Germain have failed with an initial approach to sign Brazil forward Everton Soares from Gremio (Newcastle Chronicle)

Wolves are closing in on the signing of Red Bull Salzburg forward Hwang Hee-chan, with a £23m fee having been agreed for the 23-year-old South Korea international (Birmingham Mail)

Chelsea striker Olivier Giroud has been linked with Juventus, just days after Rangers manager Steven Gerrard laughed off talk of a bid (Daily Record)

 

Hearts manager Daniel Stendel has criticised veteran midfielder Glenn Whelan claiming he has no leadership qualities (Daily Record)

Aberdeen are weighing up a pre-contract move for St Johnstone star Matty Kennedy (Daily Record)

Celtic target Fabricio Bruno has pleaded with the Brazilian courts to rip up his contract with Cruzeiro (Scottish Sun)

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM