Liverpool want Ajax star Dave Neres, Manchester United will go hard for Christian Eriksen in January and Keisuke Honda makes transfer plea, all in the papers.
LIVERPOOL IN FOR NERES
Someone at Calciomercato has seen Jurgen Klopp’s list of transfer targets!
Apparently Klopp has Ajax forward David Neres very close to the top of his wanted list after his impressive form last season.
Neres helped the Dutch giants to the last four in the Champions League and the 22-year-old Brazilian forward who hit 12 goals and 15 assists last season.
Neres, who can play all across the front line, has scored twice this season and his contract with Ajax currently runs until 2023. He looks like a player who could fit into Klopp’s mobile Liverpool side and Ajax may struggle to keep hold of another one of their stars if the Reds come calling.
Liverpool and Man Utd have been mentioned as suitors previously but Neres signed a 12-month extension to his contract over the summer to quell the speculation.
AND THE REST
Brescia midfielder Sandro Tonali could be on his way to Borussia Dortmund, with the €50million rated teenager a potential target for the German giants (Calciomercato)
Juventus are plotting a move for Tonali next summer (La Gazzetta dello Sport)
Real Madrid are ready to compete with Barcelona for the signing of €60million rated Fabian Ruiz from Napoli (Mundo Deportivo)
Manchester United are considering a January move for Tottenham’s Christian Eriksen, 27, with Spurs keen to not lose the Denmark midfielder on a free transfer at the end of the season. (Goal)
Free agent Keisuke Honda has tagged Manchester United in a Twitter post as he looks for a new club.
Aberdeen striker Sam Cosgrove has attracted the attention of Rangers (Ibrox Noise)
Spurs players are furious with boss Mauricio Pochettino after he said they had “different agendas” following the Carabao Cup defeat by Colchester United on Tuesday. (Sun)
Pep Guardiola has admitted he is struggling to keep Gabriel Jesus happy at Manchester City due to a lack of game-time (various)
Liverpool have held preliminary talks with James Milner over a new deal as Jurgen Klopp reiterated the veteran midfielder’s importance to his squad (Mail)
West Ham are plotting a move for Arsenal youngster Stan Flaherty (Football Insider)
Paul Pogba has asked Manchester United for a new deal worth £600,000 a week. The France midfielder, 26, is aware of interest from Juventus and Real Madrid. (Tuttosport)
Paris St-Germain forward Neymar and former club Barcelona are yet to settle a dispute over loyalty payments after a possible agreement to avoid a trial collapsed. (Sky Sports)
Lawyers representing Neymar and Barcelona have set a second court date for 21 October. (ESPN)
Juan Mata says the abuse he gets on social media is “unbelievable” – and revealed how Manchester United’s alarming slump has made him “angry” (Times)
Jurgen Klopp has remained diplomatic after the club’s CEO Peter Moore claimed Liverpool were back on their ‘perch’ earlier in the week (Telegraph)
Brazil international Neymar, 27, was willing to drop the case if Barcelona had committed in writing to signing him again. (Cadena SER)
Manager Jose Mourinho wants to return to Real Madrid, having turned down offers from Monaco, Lille, Wolfsburg, Schalke and AC Milan since he was sacked by Manchester United last year. (Goal)
United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has appointed a personal scout to look at his transfer targets. (Sun)
Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp says he is not concerned about midfielder James Milner, 33, being in the final year of his contract. (Guardian)
Liverpool’s potential new kit deal with Nike is worth £15m a year less than their current one with New Balance, which yields £45m per annum. (Times)
Juventus and Argentina striker Gonzalo Higuain, 31, has hinted he will return to first club River Plate after his contract ends in 2021. (Fox Sports Radio Argentina)
Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness says his club could renew their interest in Manchester City and Germany winger Leroy Sane, 23, in January. (Planet Futbol)
Southampton and Manchester City are scouting 17-year-old Hearts defender Aaron Hickey. (Daily Record)
Former Manchester United and Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon is trying to convince Newcastle owner Mike Ashley about a payment plan to take over the club on behalf of American investors. (Sun)
Peter Kenyon also held talks with the investment firm MSD Partners, who are close to buying Newcastle’s north-east rivals Sunderland. (Mail)
Manager Steve Bruce says he is “not bothered” by the takeover talk at Newcastle, describing it as an “ongoing saga”. (Mirror)
Aston Villa have been offered £7m for Ivory Coast striker Jonathan Kodjia, 29, by Qatari side Al-Gharafa. (Football Insider)
Nice forward Lamine Diaby-Fadiga has admitted stealing team-mate Kasper Dolberg’s £62,300 watch from a dressing room. (ESPN)
Derby players Tom Lawrence and Mason Bennett are facing the sack after the drink-drive car crash that also involved captain Richard Keogh. (Mail)