Manchester City want to sign a Real Madrid star and Bournemouth defender, while Bruno Fernandes has told Sporting Lisbon who he would like to join next, according to Sunday’s papers.
MAN CITY TARGETING TWO MORE SIGNINGS
Manchester City are considering late moves for Real Madrid midfielder Isco and Bournemouth defender Nathan Ake, according to the Sunday Express.
So far, Rodri has been the only major addition to Pep Guardiola’s treble-winning squad, but they are set to enter the final week of the transfer window on a mission.
City are already close to bringing in defender Joao Cancelo from Juventus, and the Express add that they are eyeing up two more targets before the window slams shut on August 8th.
The duo in question are Real Madrid playmaker Isco and Bournemouth star Ake.
Isco has been suggested as a long-term replacement for David Silva, who has confirmed that the upcoming season will be his last at the Etihad Stadium. The 27-year-old is no longer a vital part of Zinedine Zidane’s plans at the Bernabeu, with Madrid needing to offload some players to fulfill financial requirements.
As for Ake, the former Chelsea defender could provide much-needed cover at centre-back and left-back – with City having to adapt after the emotional departure of captain Vincent Kompany, and with first choice left-back Benjamin Mendy often struggling with injury during his time in Manchester so far.
Bournemouth will only accept offers of £40m for Ake, but it’s a price that City are willing to meet, having been long-term admirers of the Dutchman.
City had been in the race for Harry Maguire, but the Leicester man is now on the verge of a move to rivals United.
AND THE REST
However, Fernandes has told current club Sporting CP that he wants to join Spurs (Mail on Sunday)
Paul Pogba is getting worried about being priced out of move to Real Madrid, after Man Utd set his price tag at a mammoth £270m (Sunday Mirror)
City have already met an agreement for Juventus defender Joao Cancelo, who will cost them £32m plus Danilo (Mail on Sunday)
Spurs are back in the hunt for £20m-rated Napoli full-back Elseid Hysaj (Sunday Express)
Tottenham are also close to completing a deal for Fulham’s Ryan Sessegnon, but that would cause them to miss out on Giovani Lo Celso (Daily Star Sunday)
Everton want to continue their ambitious summer by bringing in Ivan Rakitic from Barcelona (Sunday Express)
Leicester have identified Celtic defender Kristoffer Ajer as a potential replacement for Harry Maguire (Daily Star Sunday)
Getafe’s Djene Dakonam is also being considered by Brendan Rodgers to fill the void that will be left at centre-back (Leicester Mercury)
Steve Bruce hopes that Dwight Gayle will stay at Newcastle despite interest from Leeds (Newcastle Chronicle)
Meanwhile, Newcastle have held talks with Inter Milan for young striker Facundo Colidio (Mail on Sunday)
Chelsea have made Danny Drinkwater and Tiemoue Bakayoko available for transfer after leaving them out of the squad for their last pre-season friendly (Sunday Telegraph)
Brighton are interested in Drinkwater, but only want him on loan (Mail on Sunday)
Crystal Palace are at the front of the queue for free agent Gary Cahill after offering him a two-year deal (Sun on Sunday)
Kieran Tierney could be injured for up to eight weeks, which would end Arsenal’s hopes of signing him (Sun on Sunday)