Paper Talk: Man Utd, Liverpool target wants Dortmund exit as unhappiness is explained

Date published: Thursday 14th November 2019 8:45

Liverpool are ready to rival three other clubs in a bid to sign a £100m England attacker, while Juventus and Barcelona want a Chelsea ace  – all in Thursday’s papers.

 

LIVERPOOL TO RIVAL TRIO FOR UNHAPPY DORTMUND ATTACKER

Liverpool have reportedly joined Manchester United, PSG and Real Madrid in the chase for Jadon Sancho, with the England winger looking to leave Borussia Dortmund next summer.

Sancho moved to Dortmund from Manchester City in August 2017 and has emerged as one of Europe’s most exciting young talents during his short time in the Bundesliga.

Developments this season, however, are understood to have left the 19-year-old unsettled and weighing up his future, as reported in the Daily Mail.

Revelations in August claimed that Dortmund were already preparing for his exit, in a deal potentially worth over £100m, and had begun their search for a replacement.

Sancho has also found himself publicly singled out more than once this season.

He was fined £86,000 and dropped for their league clash against Borussia Monchengladbach last month after returning late following international duty, a punishment he is believed to have accepted.

But he was then also forced to report for extra training alone and on the end of stinging criticism from Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc, who went public after manager Favre initially declared the matter would ‘stay internal.’

Favre also decided to admonish Sancho in public once more on Saturday after substituting the winger just 36 minutes into Dortmund’s clash against big rivals Bayern Munich, which they went on to lose 4-0.

That has prompted Sancho to step up his efforts to leave, and it would appear that Reds boss Jurgen Klopp is tempted by a move for one of England’s most promising talents.

Sancho’s ability to play on either flank is particularly attractive to Klopp, given continued rumours over the long-term Anfield futures of star men Mo Salah and Sadio Mane.

 

 

AND THE REST

Bayern Munich are ready to reignite their interest in £90m Manchester City winger Leroy Sane (Daily Mirror)

Leroy Sane TEAMtalk

Manchester City have sacked the man in charge of their training facility amid concerns he was not keeping the £200m complex up to scratch (Daily Mail)

David O’Leary is the source of tension among Arsenal’s hierarchy with chairman Sir Chips Keswick facing resistance in his bid to induct the former captain onto the club’s board as a football consultant (Daily Mail)

Chelsea winger Willian is a target for Juventus and Barcelona with his contract coming to an end next summer (Daily Mirror)

 

The father of Joe Gomez says he is proud of his son for how he dealt with the canteen clash with fellow England star Raheem Sterling, which left the Liverpool defender with a scratched face (Daily Mirror)

Furious Manchester City made a formal complaint to refs chief Mike Riley over the performance of Michael Oliver in their crucial defeat to Liverpool (The Sun)

Thierry Henry says £72m signing Nicolas Pepe would be playing better if Arsenal were playing better and says the winger needs time to settle at the Emirates Stadium (The Sun)

Jadon Sancho has asked for talks with England boss Gareth Southgate after his nightmare month for Borussia Dortmund (The Sun)

David Beckham has been picking up the phone and pleading with players to help him realise his MLS dream (The Sun)

Tottenham Hotspur’s England left-back Danny Rose has vowed to run down the final 18 months of his contract after being told by the club that he will not be given a new deal (Evening Standard)

Jonny Evans says Michael O’Neill may remain in charge of Northern Ireland if they make it to the Euro 2020 finals (Daily Express)

Alvaro Morata said that he lost confidence during his time at Chelsea and that none of his fellow players believed in him (Daily Express)

Lucas Torreira is set to consider his Arsenal future should offers come in for his services in January or the summer (Daily Express)

Aston Villa skipper Jack Grealish is likely to conduct full training over the next few days after his calf injury, handing Dean Smith a major fitness boost (Daily Express)

 

Rangers’ new sporting director Ross Wilson insists the Ibrox club do not have to sell prize assets like Alfredo Morelos in January (The Guardian)

Mauricio Pochettino is heading towards the point of no return at Tottenham as fears grow that he will not be able to salvage their season (Daily Telegraph)

Scotland star Scott McKenna has revealed his transfer request is off the table – but he could still quit Aberdeen in January (Daily Record)

Head of recruitment John Marshall says it is unlikely Wolves will revive their interest in AC Milan’s Ivory Coast midfielder Franck Kessié in January (Birmingham Mail)

Hibernian failed in a bid to lure Darren Fletcher for talks on the vacant hot seat (Scottish Sun)

John Kennedy has ended talk of a stunning move to become Hibs boss by committing to Celtic (Scottish Sun)

James Forrest insists it is wrong to question Kieran Tierney’s commitment to Scotland (Scottish Sun)

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM