Hakan Calhanoglu to Manchester United, Ezequiel Lavezzi watched by Arsenal and Victor Valdes to Liverpool are among Tuesday’s transfer rumours.
LIVERPOOL REMAIN KEEN ON VALDES
Liverpool remain keen on trying to lure Manchester United outcast Victor Valdes to Merseyside.
The Reds are reportedly interested in replacing current Kop No.1 Simin Mignolet due the Belgian’s poor form at the start of the current campaign.
The Sun claims Liverpool wanted Valdes last season before he signed for United – but the 33-year-old has since been axed from the line-up.
The ex-Barcelona star is thought to be open to a move after various reports claiming he has been told by manager Louis van Gaal to visit the Carrington training ground only when the first team are not there and to work with the youth teams’ coaches.
UNITED TO RIVAL MILAN FOR CALHANOGLU
Manchester United will compete with AC Milan for the signature of Bayer Leverkusen star Hakan Calhanoglu, according to Dutch source SoccerNews.
The 23-year-old is one of the world’s most feared set-piece takers and has already become the main man in Leverkusen’s line-up despite his young age.
Calhanoglu already has 46 goals and 33 assists in 151 appearances and scored the most free kicks in Europe last season, having been likened to Arsenal’s Mesut Ozil.
It has been claimed that United made a €40million approach for the midfielder right at the end of the most recent transfer window.
The Turkish international could be keen on a big money move in January, but United will have to beat off the challenge of Milan.
GUNNERS MONITORING LAVEZZI SITUATION
Arsenal are looking to capitalise on Ezequiel Lavezzi’s lack of game time at Paris St-Germain with a January swoop.
Lavezzi has seen fellow compatriot Angel Di Maria earn more starting roles with the defending Ligue 1 champions since joining from Manchester United.
Lavezzi has been used mainly as a substitute this term and Arsenal are hoping to offer him a way out of Paris to find more consistent minutes.
The Daily Express say that the Gunners face competition from Valencia and Inter Milan for the 30-year-old.
AND THE REST
– Chelsea are weighing up a January move for Porto midfielder Yacine Brahimi (Daily Star)
– Liverpool goalkeeper Lawrence Vigouroux has had his loan spell at Swindon cut short after ‘paying a £50 fine for lateness in pennies’ (Daily Mirror)
– Kevin De Bruyne’s wages have quadrupled since he joined Manchester City, according to Wolfsburg sporting director Klaus Allofs (Daily Mail)
– Steve Evans is targeting a quickfire return to management with Dundee United or Motherwell after leaving Rotherham (Daily Express)
– Manchester United winger Ashley Young says he has not given up on his international career, despite having not played for England for more than two years (The Guardian)
– Manchester City’s James Horsfield, 20, is set to join Rotherham on loan (Daily Mail)
– Free agent Shola Ameobi is training with Sheffield Wednesday in a bid to win a contract with the Championship club.
– Bournemouth will make a fresh move for Norwich striker Lewis Grabban in January (Daily Star)
– Former Leeds boss Neil Redfearn has been linked with the Rotherham job following the dismissal of Steve Evans on Monday (Daily Star)