Real Madrid are planning a mega bid for one Premier League star, while Man Utd are set to make a historic appointment, according to Sunday’s papers.
CHELSEA PLOT £200M BID
Real Madrid are plotting a new £200million bid for Chelsea star Eden Hazard, if the latest reports are to be believed.
The Real hierarchy are apparently desperate to replace Cristiano Ronaldo who left for Juventus earlier in the summer, and have made Hazard their primary target.
According to the Express on Sunday, Real are “set to up their £150m valuation closer to the £200m that Chelsea have placed on his head” in an effort to persuade them to part with the Belgian.
Hazard meanwhile is refusing to commit to a new £300,000 a week deal at Stamford Bridge, but has not openly asked to leave.
Thibaut Courtois recently implied that Hazard should join him at Real Madrid.
“Hazard has congratulated me on signing for Real Madrid,” said Belgian goalkeeper.
“He is a great player and I would like to be always at his side, let’s see what happens in the future.
“If he can come [to Real Madrid], it would be fantastic.”
AND THE REST
Real Madrid will also target Tottenham’s 26-year-old Denmark playmaker Christian Eriksen if 32-year-old Croatia midfielder Luka Modric leaves for Inter Milan. (Sun)
Atletico Madrid keeper Jan Oblak, 25, rejected the chance to join Chelsea, despite the Premier League club offering to meet the Slovakian’s buy-out clause of £90m. (Sunday Times – subscription required)
Belgium manager Roberto Martinez and his assistant Thierry Henry are in the frame to replace Leicester City manager Claude Puel, who has two games to save his job. (Sunday Mirror)
Leicester City left-back Ben Chilwell, 21, says 25-year-old team-mate and England centre-back Harry Maguire, who was linked with a move to Manchester United, will be at the club for the “whole season” and not move in January. (Daily Star on Sunday)
Arsenal manager Unai Emery has told forward Danny Welbrck, 27, he wants “more goals, more assists” from him and “working to help when we need quick pressing against the opposition”. (Telegraph)
Manchester United will appoint a director of football for the first time in the club’s history. (Guardian)
Valencia are close to agreeing a permanent deal to sign PSG’s 21-year-old Portuguese forward Goncalo Guedes. (ESPN)
Real Madrid are thinking about sending Norwegian forward Martin Odegaard, 19, on loan to a Championship club to continue his development. (Sunday Mirror)
Spanish ex-Swansea defender Angel Rangel, 35, is set to join QPR on a free transfer. (Sun)
West Ham’s 22-year-old Swiss midfielder Edimilson Fernandes is set to join Fiorentina on loan. (Express)
Bournemouth boss Eddie Howe says there was “no falling out or disagreement” leading to 28-year-old English midfielder Harry Arter leaving for Cardiff. (Bournemouth Echo)
Juventus’ 33-year-old Portugal forward Cristiano Ronaldo says reaction to his overhead goal scored for Real Madrid in Turin last season helped him decide to join this summer. (Mail)
Flamengo’s 34-year-old Peru forward Paolo Guerrero is close to a move to fellow Brazilian side Internacional, despite his anti-doping ban. (Goal)
Ipswich’s 19-year-old English midfielder Andre Dozzell is set to leave the club on loan. (East Anglian Daily Times)