Paper Talk: Spurs, Liverpool chase no. 10; Man Utd prep £50m midfielder bid

Date published: Friday 2nd March 2018 8:30

Tottenham and Liverpool are tracking Marco Reus, Arsenal want three players in the summer and Victor Wanyama is wanted by two Premier League big guns, all in the papers.

 

SPURS RIVAL LIVERPOOL FOR REUS

Tottenham are ready to make a move for Borussia Dortmund forward Marco Reus, claims the Daily Mirror.

The tabloid reports Liverpool are also tracking Reus, 28, who is stalling over a new deal.

The Germany international, who has returned to action after a serious knee injury will have just a year left on his contract at the end of the season.

Meanwhile, the Evening Standard suggest that Liverpool are chasing West Ham no.10 Manuel Lanzini, but the Hammers are keen to tie him down to a new deal.

The Mirror also claims Spurs midfielder Victor Wanyama is chasing a new contract with Liverpool and Manchester United “on his trail”.

The 26-year-old Kenyan is two years into the five-year deal he signed in 2016.

AND THE REST

Paris St-Germain and Real Madrid are both targeting Chelsea’s 25-year-old keeper Thibaut Courtois. The Belgium international’s father met the French champions for informal talks this week. (RTBF)

Planned contract renewal talks between Courtois and Chelsea have been put back until the summer. (Sun)

Liverpool are interested in signing Southampton’s 24-year-old Gabon midfielder Mario Lemina. (L’Equipe)

Manchester United have joined Liverpool in the pursuit of Napoli midfielder Jorginho, 26, with manager Jose Mourinho willing to bid £50m for the Italian. (Star)

Arsenal are said to be looking to sign three players in the summer transfer window. The club want a new goalkeeper, centre-half and defensive midfielder with Jonny Evans a target. (Mirror)

Mario Balotelli’s agent says the former Manchester City and Liverpool striker, 27, could be set for a summer return to the Premier League on a free transfer from Nice. (Mirror)

Former Barcelona president Joan Laporta says Arsenal should appoint Thierry Henry as their next manager. (Telegraph)

Hoffenheim’s 30-year-old boss Julian Nagelsmann is another contender to replace Wenger at Arsenal. (Mail)

West Ham boss David Moyes is preparing a £10m summer bid for Bournemouth’s Harry Arter after having two previous bids for the 28-year-old midfielder turned down. (Express)

West Ham plan to offer a new deal to Argentina midfielder Manuel Lanzini, 25, to ward off interest from Liverpool. (Evening Standard)

Watford’s on-loan Spanish winger Gerard Deulofeu, 23, has suffered a stress fracture in his foot and is set to miss a substantial period of the season. (Hertfordshire Mercury)

Eden Hazard’s contract talks with Chelsea could be finalised very soon. (Mirror).

Expansion of Barcelona’s airport is not possible because “planes are not allowed to fly over Lionel Messi’s house”, according to Vueling president Javier Sanchez-Prieto. (Marca)

Austria manager Franco Foda is considering calling up Burnley’s 28-year-old striker Ashley Barnes. He played once for Austria’s under-20 side in 2008, and qualifies for selection through an Austrian grandparent. (Austria Press Agency)

Chelsea want former midfielder Frank Lampard to join the club’s coaching staff with a view to him eventually becoming Blues boss. (Sun)

Crystal Palace manager Roy Hodgson says his club’s signing of former Liverpool goalkeeper Diego Cavalieri on a free transfer is almost complete. (Croydon Advertiser)

Liverpool’s new main stand earned the club an extra £12m last year. (Telegraph)

The Reds plan to use their strong financial position to strengthen the squad in the summer. (Guardian)

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM