Paper Talk: Tottenham to be offered £65m star in January; Chelsea ace wants MLS switch

Date published: Friday 6th September 2019 8:30

Juventus are ready to offer a £65m-rated striker to Tottenham in January, while a Chelsea star is considering a move to MLS, according to Friday’s papers.

 

DYBALA HOPES NOT OVER FOR SPURS 

Tottenham will reportedly be given the opportunity to again sign Juventus forward Paulo Dybala in the January transfer window.

Spurs tried to sign the £65m-rated Argentinian hitman toward the end of the summer window, when Juventus were trying to offload the 25-year-old.

But Dybala opted to stay in Turin and fight for his place, despite being told by manager Maurizio Sarri that he was free to leave.

Tottenham will once again consider a move for Dybala in the new year, as Mauricio Pochettino remains a big fan of his countryman, who he feels can compliment leading marksman Harry Kane.

And according to a report in the Daily Star, the Old Lady will not stand in the way of Dybala swapping the Allianz Stadium for the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in January.

However, it is also reported that Dybala had his heart set on a move to PSG over the summer and still favours a move to Paris – although Neymar’s exit is still key to any such move materialising.

Manchester United were also briefly linked with a move for Dybala, in a deal that would have seen Romelu Lukaku head the other way, but the Argentine’s wage demands scuppered that deal.

Dybala is yet to start a league match for Juventus this season, having only featured as a substitute on one occasion, but has scored an impressive 78 goals and laid on 30 assists in 183 matches for Juventus.

 

Get the latest personalised Spurs products on our new TEAMtalk Tottenham shop!

 

AND THE REST

Tottenham star Christian Eriksen is now being targeted by Atletico Madrid as his contract runs down (Daily Express)

Christian Eriksen TEAMtalk

West Ham have embarked on a policy of recruiting local youth talent and are devising a pathway into the first team (The Sun)

Arsene Wenger is set for a return to football as a technical director for FIFA (Daily Mirror)

Kyle Walker fears that he has no England future under Gareth Southgate (Daily Mirror)

Real Madrid are not expected to pursue Christian Eriksen on a free transfer next summer (Daily Mirror)

The FA stands accused of not taking racism seriously after fining Huddersfield more for their kit stunt than Millwall for fans’ racist chanting (Daily Mirror)

David de Gea was told last month that he was no longer Spain’s No 1 (Daily Mirror)

Comeback-man Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is convinced he can play a big role in England’s bid for Euro glory (Daily Star)

Manchester City star Ederson has confessed he sees himself behind Alisson in the pecking order of world’s best goalkeepers (Daily Star)

Chelsea striker Olivier Giroud has opened the door for a potential move to Major League Soccer in the United States after falling down the pecking order at Stamford Bridge (Daily Mail)

Manchester City’s owners have moved closer to adding an Indian team to their global stable of seven clubs (Daily Mail)

The Premier League’s proposed takeover of the Women’s Super League is set to be delayed for three years amid ambitious plans for the competition to be aligned with the men’s game (Daily Mail)

Cardiff liaison officer Callum Davies who formed the closest relationship to Emiliano Sala has left the club (Daily Mail)

The comeback hopes of Danny Drinkwater have taken another hit after he sustained an unspecified injury while away from his club (Daily Mail)

The FA will investigate accusations of biting levelled at Crystal Palace youngster Ryan Innis on a West Ham player (Daily Mail)

Tottenham’s summer attempt to sign Sporting Lisbon midfielder Bruno Fernandes, 24, failed because of the “difficult” structure of the offer, says Sporting president Frederico Varandas (Evening Standard)

Bruno Fernandes TEAMtalk

Aston Villa’s sale of Villa Park is to be probed by the Premier League to check if it breached financial fair play regulations (Daily Telegraph)

England are likely to play two more games on the road in preparation for Euro 2020 should they fail to qualify for next summer’s tournament (The Times)

A confidential UEFA report has that that Europe’s top five leagues led by the Premier League are destabilising football (The Times)

Derby defender Krystian Bielik, 21, says AC Milan wanted to sign him before he moved from Arsenal to the Rams in the summer (Derby Telegraph)

Former Juventus star Claudio Marchisio has turned down an offer to play for Rangers – according to a report (Daily Record)

Scotland boss Steve Clarke has urged the Tartan Army not to torch Oli McBurnie if the striker leads his attack against Russia at Hampden (Daily Record)

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM