Paper Talk: Man Utd on alert as Real Madrid flop set for loan

Date published: Friday 18th September 2020 8:33

Real Madrid are looking to offload Luka Jovic on loan before the transfer window closes, while Tottenham’s formal approach for Danny Ings has been rejected, all in the papers.

 

JOVIC UP FOR GRABS

Real Madrid are considering the loan exit of Luka Jovic ahead of the transfer window closing next month.

That is the news coming from Spain, via Diario AS. Los Blancos are now open to loan deal in 2020-21, in a bid to allow the 22-year old flop to regain his confidence and form.

Jovic signed from Eintracht Frankfurt on a six-year deal for £52.4m last June, but he had a nightmare first season in LaLiga.

The Serbian made just four La Liga starts from 17 appearances in 2019-20 and scored just twice.

The 22-year-old was also caught up in a controversial incident during the Covid-19 lockdown – allegedly breaching public health guidelines in his native country of Serbia.

Newcastle and Arsenal have been mentioned as possible destinations previously, while Manchester United were linked with a move back in December.

 

AND THE REST

Gareth Bale has passed a medical ahead of his return to Spurs (Sky Sports)

Atlético Madrid are considering a move for Barcelona Luis Suarez (Fabrizio Romano)

Tottenham Hotspur’s formal approach for Southampton striker Danny Ings has been rejected (Guardian)

Manchester United are exploring potential alternatives to Borussia Dortmund’s Jadon Sancho and Watford’s Ismaila Sarr is the latest name to be linked (TEAMtalk)

Sergio Reguilon’s pending move to Tottenham has re-ignited Manchester United’s interest in FC Porto’s Alex Telles (A Bola)

Slaven Bilic would be ‘very, very disappointed’ if West Brom are unable to seal a return for former loanee star Filip Krovinovic from Benfica (The Telegraph)

Dele Alli Tottenham

Real Madrid are not interested in a move for Tottenham midfielder Dele Alli (Diario AS)

West Ham and Aston Villa are among the sides leading the chase to capture Danny Rose as the England man looks to leave Tottenham (Le10Sport)

Barcelona boss Ronald Koeman is rumoured to be tracking Ajax defender Sergino Dest as his first signing at the Camp Nou (Mundo Deportivo)

 

 

Mikel Arteta has plenty to ponder after Brentford officials told Arsenal chiefs that they will only sell goalkeeper David Raya if he is loaned back to them for the rest of the season (Sky Sports)

Fulham will attempt to sign Huddersfield Town defender Terence Kongolo on a permanent deal (Football Insider)

Manchester United are considering moves for Inter Milan’s Croatia winger Ivan Perisic, 31, Bayern Munich’s France winger Kingsley Coman, 24, and 30-year-old Brazil winger Douglas Costa from Juventus. (ESPN)

Manchester United are also targeting Germany midfielder Sami Khedira, 33, when his contract expires at Juventus. (Sun)

A deal has been agreed for 28-year-old Rennes and Senegal goalkeeper Edouard Mendy to join Chelsea, says his agent. (Stades via Star)

David Moyes, Declan Rice West Ham

Chelsea are set to bid for West Ham’s England midfielder Declan Rice, 21, as the final act of their summer spending. (Express)

Brentford have rejected a bid of about £10m from Arsenal for 25-year-old Spanish goalkeeper David Raya. (Telegraph)

Southampton have told Tottenham that striker Danny Ings, 28, is not for sale at any price. (Mail)

Leicester City are closing in on the loan signing of 23-year-old Turkey striker Cengiz Under from Roma, while Burnley’s England defender James Tarkowski, 27, is still a target for Foxes manager Brendan Rodgers. (Sky Sports)

 

 

West Ham have changed the structure of their latest bid for Tarkowski but the offer has still been declined by Burnley. (Sky Sports)

West Brom are trying to sign Aston Villa’s 27-year-old Tanzania striker Mbwana Samatta before he completes a move to Fenerbahce. (Sun)

Nathaniel Clyne, 29, is training with Crystal Palace and could earn a contract. (Standard)

Edin Dzeko is set to join Juventus from Roma on a two-year deal. The 34-year-old Bosnia and Herzegovina striker’s move will mean Luis Suarez’s hopes of a move from Barcelona to the Serie A champions will likely end. (Goal)

Houssem Aouar Lyon

Arsenal have agreed personal terms with Lyon’s 22-year-old French midfielder Houssem Aouar. (Star)

Tottenham and England midfielder Dele Alli, 24, has emerged as a target for Paris St-Germain and Inter Milan. (Mail)

Genoa have reached an agreement with Chelsea to sign 28-year-old right-back Davide Zappacosta on loan. (DiMarzio)

Juventus have confirmed Gonzalo Higuain’s departure. The 32-year-old Argentina striker is expected to sign for MLS club Inter Miami. (Goal)

Manchester City have discussed Sevilla defender Jules Kounde as a potential alternative to Kalidou Koulibaly. (Daily Mail)

Liverpool and West Ham are among several Premier League clubs offering to pay for EFL opponents to be tested for COVID-19 ahead of next week’s Carabao Cup ties. (Daily Mail)

Jadon Sancho TEAMtalk

Erling Haaland is confident that Jadon Sancho will stay at Borussia Dortmund despite interest from Manchester United. (Daily Mail)

Russian billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov reportedly has no plans to launch a Manchester United takeover bid, despite speculation. (Daily Mirror)

Ferran Torres insists he is not overawed at following in the footsteps of his boyhood hero David Silva. (Daily Mirror)

Barcelona’s chaotic summer has taken more twists with Quique Setien launching legal action against the club and Josep Maria Bartomeu facing a vote of no confidence. (Daily Mirror)

Juventus have paid £17m to cancel Gonzalo Higuain’s contract with the striker set to join Inter Miami. (The Sun)

West Brom are trying to hijack Mbwana Samatta’s move out of neighbours Aston Villa to Turkey. (The Sun)

Manchester United reportedly ended their interest in Thiago Alcantara after he demanded a salary of £200,000-a-week. (Daily Express)

Chelsea are set to launch an audacious bid to sign Declan Rice from West Ham in the final piece of their blockbuster spending spree (Daily Express)

Fifa has ordered West Ham to pay Eintracht Frankfurt £5.2m after a dispute between the two clubs over money owed from the transfer of the striker Sebastien Haller (The Times)

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM