Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal will get £200m to spend, Arsenal eye Lucas Moura and Chelsea want Antoine Griezmann, all in Sunday’s papers.
LVG BACKED WITH £200M TRANSFER KITTY
Manchester United’s board are firmly behind Louis van Gaal and will hand the Dutch boss £200m to spend in the summer, according to The Sun.
Van Gaal’s contract runs at Old Trafford runs until 2017 and ‘if he wins trophies’ he could see his deal extending, say the tabloid.
That reported support comes on the back of another blank weekend at the Theatre of Dreams as West Ham held them to a 0-0 draw and made sure Van Gaal’s men had just one shot on target, despite dominating 63 per cent of the possession.
Still, the powers that be at Old Trafford are content and they remain hopeful they can land a blockbuster signing in the summer with cheif executive Ed Woodward desperate to lure one of Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar or Gareth Bale.
United are so happy with the way things are going that they will not pursue Bayern Munich boss Pep Guardiola at the end of the season when his contract expires.
The Guardian claims that will leave ‘the way open for Manchester City to pursue the former Barcelona coach at the expense of Manuel Pellegrini.’
CHELSEA SET SIGHTS ON GRIEZMANN
The Sunday Mirror reports that Chelsea have made 24-year-old striker Antoine Griezmann their number one target for the January transfer window.
The France forward is valued at £25m by his club Atletico Madrid and they will be reluctant to sell in January, but Chelsea’s need might well be greater with Diego Costa out of form and dropped and Radamel Falcao and Loic Remy struggling to impress Jose Mourinho.
Said Berahino is also believed to be on Chelsea’s target list. The West Brom striker has been out of favour and Spurs, who bid for the 22-year-old in the summer, are likely to have another bidder in Chelsea to ward off in the January window.
LUCAS MOURA ON ARSENAL RADAR
French outlet BuzzSport claims PSG forward Lucas Moura is the latest player on the Arsene Wenger’s radar.
The Gunners boss will reportedly offer in excess of £30million for the Brazilian, who has made 20 appearances and scored four times this season.
The 23-year-old moved to the French capital in January 2013 with PSG paying a reported 40 million euros to Sao Paulo for the Brazil international.
Whether Wenger will spend that sort of money in January is highly unlikely, although talkSPORT keep banging the Arsenal striker drum. They maintain that Inter Milan frontman Mauro Icardi, 22, is on Wenger’s shopping list and that he could be heading to The Emirates in January.
AND THE REST
- New Valencia head coach Gary Neville has urged his new club to sign Leicester striker Jamie Vardy, 28. (Daily Star Sunday)
- Former Manchester United boss David Moyes says Neville has taken a risk by becoming the Valencia boss, but says the former England defender won’t be judged on whether he speaks Spanish. (Sunday Telegraph)
- David Moyes, 52, will be offered a return to the Premier League as replacement for beleaguered Swansea City boss Garry Monk. (Sunday Mirror)
- Newcastle are mulling over a January move for QPR winger Matt Phillips, 24, while Tottenham wide man Andros Townsend, 24, is also on the Magpies’ radar. (The Sun)
- Striker Gerard Deulofeu, 21, wants to stay at Everton beyond this season because of the positive influence manager Roberto Martinez is having on his career. (Mail on Sunday)
- Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino says he plans to build the squad for the future around goalkeeper Hugo Lloris, 28. (London Evening Standard)
- West Ham are set to sign Houston Dynamo keeper Tyler Deric. (The Sun)
- Swansea are watching Celtic starlet Callum McGregor. (The Sun)
- Sam Byram is a target for Southampton and Everton after rejecting a new deal at Leeds. (The Sun)
- Jurgen Klopp will move for Galatasaray star Kevin Grosskreutz in January. (Sunday People)
- Newcastle striker Papiss Cisse is wanted by Galatasray. (Sunday People)