Paul Ince talks with a heavy heart as he tips big summer exit at Man Utd

Date published: Thursday 11th March 2021 8:55 - James Marshment

Paul Ince football pundit

Paul Ince believes Edinson Cavani will leave Manchester United this summer  – something the pundit feels upset about as he’s impressed whenever given a chance to shine.

Cavani signed a one-year deal with United in October to address the club’s deadline-day need for a striker.

The contract featured a one-year extension clause, which looked a feasible option earlier in the season.

However, fresh doubt has emerged over whether Cavani will be at Old Trafford next season. His father has said that there is a “60 per cent chance” that the 34-year-old will return to South America.

What’s more, Luis Cavani tipped his son to make Argentine club Boca Juniors his next team.

Those claims have gathered pace amid claims a former United star wants to link up with Cavani at Boca.

Ince now says he expects the Uruguayan to leave this summer. And the former United skipper admits he’s been impressed whenever he’s been offered an opportunity.

“Cavani has come in and he’s been a revelation,” Ince told talkSPORT

“I know we talk about [Bruno] Fernandes coming in and being very, very good, but Cavani, he’s a natural goalscorer.

“As well as [Anthony] Martial and [Marcus] Rashford can do up front, when you talk about natural goalscorers, Cavani has showed that when he plays, the runs he makes, he knows where the space is and knows how to score.

“Whether he decides to stay or not I don’t know. When you look at the team against Manchester City and how they played he might be thinking ‘well, is this the way they’re going to go next year, am I going to get as many games? I’m not getting any younger’.

“I can see him going.

“All this social media stuff has not gone down well, it’s a little bit pathetic to be fair. I can certainly see why Cavani is a little upset about it.

“All the angles look like he will go. But hopefully he’ll leave with a few more goals in the back of the net for United.”


Give our social media channels a follow – we’re on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram


Solskjaer coy over Cavani future

Speaking more recently, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer refused to comment on Cavani’s future. However, he insisted that he has seen no problems with the Uruguay international’s commitment.

He said: “Well, Edinson is fully focused on being available for us and working really hard to get fit.

“From my bad Portuguese and his better English he is very proud to play for Man Utd. A decision hasn’t been made – we are just working on getting him back.”

READ MORE: Man Utd handed huge lift as top centre-back target decides on Prem move

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM