Paul Pogba underwent surgery on his ankle injury on Tuesday morning and posted a bizarre message on Instagram before deleting it.
The Manchester United midfielder posted an update on social media after going under the knife, saying “everything went well” during the operation.
Pogba initially posted a video on Instagram in which he looked somewhat groggy from the anesthetic and admitted: “I don’t even know if I’m OK or if I’m high or if I’m sober, just don’t ask me if it went well, I don’t know.”
He later deleted that post and replaced it with a shorter video apologising and saying: “It’s me I’m back.”
“Everything went well,” Pogba said. “We have to keep the positive energy.”
“You have to jeep happy, so I put some music on and dance, on one leg obviously. You know me you have to keep the smile.”
Pogba, 26, is expected to be out for another four weeks after suffering his second ankle injury of the season.
The France international, who has been linked with a move away from Old Trafford, has made only eight appearances this season in a campaign blighted by injury.
United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer last week confirmed hat the Frenchman – who suffered an ankle injury in September and returned last month – will be out again for up to four weeks.
The latest layoff is another blow to Solskjaer who – speaking to reporters at a press conference on Friday – appeared to be frustrated at having to answer questions about the player on the eve of FA Cup third-round weekend.
“Here we go again, FA Cup third round and you’re talking about Paul again,” he said.
“Paul came back after a long spell out, two games, couldn’t go to Burnley, felt his ankle was sore, we did a scan and it’s not the same injury.
“It’s a different injury and when you get that scan you consult your own medical people as well like I did, you want the best second opinion and the advice was to have it done.”