Mino Raiola climbs down over Pogba claims in big rant at English culture

Date published: Tuesday 23rd February 2021 7:00

Mino Raiola TEAMtalk

Paul Pogba’s agent Mino Raiola has insisted he was merely giving his opinion when he suggested the midfielder’s spell at Manchester United could be coming to an end.

Raiola caused a stir in December, on the eve of United’s Champions League tie against RB Leipzig, when he told Italian media that Pogba’s Old Trafford career was “over”.

But despite Raiola’s remarks Pogba subsequently found some of his best form in a United shirt. That was until he suffered an injury earlier this month.

Now, in an interview with BBC Sport, Raiola has distanced himself from his own comments, In doing os he has also vowed not to be so outspoken in the future.

He said: “I just expressed an opinion, I didn’t want to cause any problem.

“I don’t think that it destabilised anybody, because (United) had a fantastic run and they were even first, for a period, in the league.

“You think big players like Paul Pogba or (United boss Ole Gunnar) Solskjaer, who won everything in his life, get destabilised by what Mino Raiola says?

“Come on, please. But I don’t talk about it any more. It makes life a little bit boring, but it is what it is.

“Whenever I tell my opinion, everyone in England goes berserk, and I am the worst agent, or the best agent. The clubs get so stressed from the public and journalists that I have learned not to talk much about it.”

Monaco star reveals all on failed United move

Monaco defender Benoit Badiashile has confirmed he was the subject of a transfer approach from Manchester United over the summer.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is on the hunt for a new defender to play alongside Harry Maguire. With a plethora of names linked, United were reported to have expressed an interest in France U21 defender Badiashile.

Benoit Badiashile Monaco

The 19-year-old has enjoyed a fine campaign for Niko Kovac’s side as they have mounted a surprise bid for Ligue 1 glory. Badiashile has scored two goals in 25 appearances and has been a rock in the heart of their defence. 

Badiashile’s potential was spotted at a young age by Thierry Henry, who thrust the then 17-year-old into his Monaco side. He has progressed well since then, leading to rumours of interest from United last summer.

Now the defender has confirmed United saw a £22m bid fail – but he has no regrets at seeing the move fail to materialise. Read more…

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM