Ivan Rakitic gets rare outing, but far from happy with Barcelona

Date published: Monday 3rd February 2020 9:58

Ivan.Rakitic.Toni_.Kroos_.TEAMtalk

Ivan Rakitic has voiced his displeasure at seeing a January exit from Barcelona blocked by the Blaugrana.

The Croatia midfielder has struggled for game time at the Camp Nou this season and was understood to be looking at making a move away from Catalonia last month.

According to Spanish publication Sport, a number of teams were interested in signing the 31-year-old in January with a fee of £20million being mooted.

Juventus and Inter Milan were said to be in the running for Rakitic, along with Manchester United, with all three clubs looking for new midfield recruits.

Nothing materialised though for Rakitic, who was given a rare start and played the full 90 minutes in the 2-1 LaLiga win over Levante on Sunday – only his eighth league start this season.

Speaking after the win over Levante Rakitic seemed to take the club’s decision to keep him on the chin.

 

 

“There have been several things that I did not like,” Rakitic said via Goal. “I say it very clearly.

“We know there are people who make decisions but here we are not to laugh or enjoy.

“In the end the best thing for the club has to be what is good. We must accept not to understand some things.

“It’s not time to talk about [my unhappiness],” he said. “I’m happy to have played today and everyone knows it, you don’t have to open things again.

“Everything has already happened and I have to turn the page and not think too much about it.

“You have to work in the best way possible because the decisive part of the season is coming.

“I want my colleagues, technicians and fans to count on me.”

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM