Borussia Dortmund skipper pleads with Jadon Sancho to stay

Date published: Wednesday 8th April 2020 10:41

Jadon.Sancho.Marco_.Reus_.TEAMtalk

Borussia Dortmund captain Marco Reus has pleaded with Jadon Sancho to remain at the Westfalenstadion for one or two more years.

The England starlet has been heavily linked with a return to the Premier League this summer with Chelsea, Manchester United and Liverpool apparently tracking the 20-year-old.

Borussia Dortmund have even opened talks with Valencia winger Ferran Torres as they look to sign a replacement for the Sancho, according to reports.

Indeed, Dortmund CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke has previously suggested that he is thinking about letting England international Sancho go, but insisted that he would be getting the winger’s full valuation.

Previous reports claimed that Dortmund have identified Torres as their ideal replacement and, according to the Daily Mirror, the Bundesliga side have gone a step further by opening talks with the 20-year-old.

Reus though does not want to lose Sancho, who has been directly involved in 36 goals this term.

BVBcaptain Reus told Sport Bild: “Jadon is an incredible player and it’s most certainly that still several clubs want him. That’s a fact,” Reus said.

“He plays at a higher level than the previous year. And he’d be enormously important for us to reach our goals.

“I’d tell him to stay at Dortmund for one or maybe two more years. From my point of view there could be no better place for him currently. He can make the real big step after that. As even more complete player who had the chance to develop further here as a mainstay.”

“He’d need to find his place first at a new club, it’s not always easy for a 20-year-old. What do you believe how interesting Jadon will be for the biggest clubs in the world after one, two, three more seasons with us?”

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM