Revealed: Why Mourinho has shelved Man Utd’s left-back search

Date published: Wednesday 24th January 2018 3:02

Manchester United have put off their pursuit of a new left-back in January after the recent form of Luke Shaw, a report claims.

The England left-back has returned to the Manchester United fold in recent weeks, starting four consecutive Premier League games before Ashley Young returned against Burnley.

The Independent claims that Jose Mourinho has been impressed with Shaw’s “application”, directly leading him to give up on plans to sign Juventus left-back Alex Sandro and Tottenham’s Danny Rose.

Shaw himself said earlier this month: “The manager has been really good with me and has given me extra confidence.

“He’s just told me to go out and enjoy the games and that’s what I’ve been doing. I’m focused on working really hard for the manager and for the team because I want to keep on playing and hopefully more games will come.”

The best United news direct to your Facebook timeline: Like our dedicated Manchester Utd Facebook page.

Meanwhile, the Manchester Evening News claim that Juventus defender Alex Sandro is Jose Mourinho’s preferred left-back target should they decide to find a replacement in the summer, with Chelsea interested in the Brazil star.

 

Planet Sport recommends: Is F1 sexist, asks John Nicholson (PlanetF1)

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM