Tottenham boss Jose Mourinho and chairman Daniel Levy have “different” ideas about the kind of striker needed at Spurs, according to one journalist.
After acquisitions in midfield and defence, a forward has become Tottenham‘s top transfer priority.
However with the window for European trades closing on Monday, time is running out for the club to land some of the top names reportedly on the club’s shortlist.
Napoli’s Arkadiusz Milik is among them. Manchester City are supposedly keen but reports in Italy claim north London is the likeliest destination for the Pole.
Speaking on his Here We Go podcast, however, reporter Fabrizio Romano claimed that disagreements remain about the kind of player Tottenham would like to bring in.
“They are discussing between the board and Mourinho,” Romano said.
“They have different ideas about the kind of strikers they want and they are discussing to find an agreement about the player.”
Pay attention to Milik
Romano added that Milik’s transfer to Tottenham looks the most likely deal for Spurs at this stage.
“Pay attention to Milik,” the journalist said. “He is one of the most serious options on the list. After speaking with many agents I think they have been offered over 100 strikers.
“They have to make a decision. Pay attention to Milik, in my opinion. [Napoli] were also talking to Bayer Leverkusen but Bayer Leverkusen said no.
“The same for Luka Jovic but they don’t want this type of striker. Pay attention to Milik because he has been offered again.
“However, he has many injuries and Harry Kane has some injuries in the season. He is an option to loan with an option to buy.”
Milik has entered the final year of his contract, with two previous moves away failing to materialise. Juventus and Roma were previously close to signing the 26-year-old.