Reported Manchester United target Federico Chiesa has no apparent interest in a move to the Premier League this summer.
Ed Woodward and United’s officials are banking on securing a deal for top target Jadon Sancho, but as yet, there has been no breakthrough regarding a fee for the player.
The club are understood to have agreed a deal in principle with the England man, but remain poles apart regarding a transfer fee, with Borussia Dortmund insisting on €120m.
Several reports on Tuesday evening claimed United are willing to walk away if Borussia Dortmund do not budge from their valuation.#
One such report from ESPN also said the Red Devils will happily consider other targets if those concerns grew.
Amid the alleged situation, La Nazione (via Football Italia) claimed United had turned elsewhere and made a €55m offer for Chiesa.
The same outlet now though claim that the 22-year-old Chiesa is not interested in foreign destinations and has his heart set on AC Milan.
What is more, La Nazione via SempreMilan are reporting that Fiorentina have big plans for their attack. They are targeting Torino striker Andrea Belotti, closely followed by former Milan striker Krzysztof Piatek.
As a result, Chiesa’s future must be followed with interest as Milan are determined to make a move under Stefano Pioli’s orders.
A €60m price tag keeps being mentioned for the wideman, who “is attracted by the temptations of the Devil”.
Viola are in no mood to sell him for a cut-price deal, but already have Monchengladbach striker Marcus Thuram in their sights to replace him.
German media ridicule United
Meanwhile the German media have derided United’s efforts to land Sancho.
With most of the noise being made from United’s perspective, Dortmund, for their part had maintained a dignified silence over proceedings.
Speaking to German newspaper Süddeutsche Zeitung, a very different picture was painted.
MD Hans-Joachim Watzke said: “So far, there has been no contact between Dortmund and United in terms of Sancho.”
His statement is qualified with: “Also not indirectly or through alleged intermediaries.”
Those sentiments are echoed by sporting director, Michael Zorc. He even hinted the club expect Sancho to attend their impending training camp.
“I assume Jadon will go to the training camp [Monday] and play with us for the coming season,” said Zorc.
“I don’t expect any difficulties. Jadon has accepted that, he’s a very pleasant, fair guy.”
Süddeutsche Zeitung end their article by saying: ‘In Dortmund they still do not think it is impossible that Woodward will surprise them with a suitcase containing €120m.
‘But it is more likely that there is a much lower offer, which is then rejected.”