Schalke getting jumpy over Liverpool, Arsenal target’s future

Date published: Monday 26th February 2018 3:32

In-demand Schalke star Max Meyer has been urged to reveal his future plans.

The 22-year-old holding midfielder looks set to leave the Bundesliga club in the summer on a free transfer with his deal expiring in June.

The Daily Star reported last week that Arsenal had made Liverpool and AC Milan target Meyer their number one summer transfer target.

Schalke know they will lose Leon Goretzka on a free transfer to Bayern Munich at the end of the season and they have made a considerable offer to Meyer in order to retain his services.

After turning down a contract offer last summer, Schalke are believed to have offered Meyer a salary of €5.5 million to make him the club’s top earner.

According to Bild, Meyer is set to make a decision on his future in the international break at the end of March.

Schalke though want to no as soon as possible, so that they can make plans for next season.

“We are going into two and a half incredibly important months for us,” said sporting executive Christian Heidel. “I want the focus to be on our goals in the league and cup and I want the other things to be resolved.

“Everything’s been said, now it must be decided. We can’t accept a decision three match days before the end of the season because we can’t plan [for the new season].”

Schalke’s 2-0 away win at Bayer Leverkusen has seen them move into third place in the Bundesliga with a Champions League place well within their grasp.

 

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM