Newcastle talent signs with Neymar agent as Tottenham are linked

Date published: Saturday 5th December 2020 10:12

Sean Longstaff Jacob Murphy Andy Caroll

Newcastle United midfielder Sean Longstaff has reportedly become the latest player to link up with super agent Pini Zahavi.

The Daily Mail reports that the Magpies academy graduate has joined a stellar list of clients including Neymar and Robert Lewandowski.

Longstaff, 23, broke onto the scene two years ago, making his senior debut in December 2018.

He has gone on to rack up 52 appearances for Newcastle since, netting four times.

However, the youngster is yet to agree a new deal with the club with his current contract expiring in 2022.

The source claims Longstaff was on the brink of prolonging his stay last year but a knee injury in March 2019 halted discussions.

 

 

It adds that previous agents Beswick Sports had asked for high demands, something the club didn’t feel he warranted.

Now, Longstaff has signed a 12-month agreement with Zahavi and could be looking for a fresh challenge elsewhere.

The Daily Mail claims that the 77-year-old Israeli has told those close to the player a move to Tottenham could be on the cards.

The player was linked with a move to Manchester United earlier in the year, albeit talks never materialised.

But if a new club deal isn’t on the horizon, then Longstaff could still leave St James’ Park sooner than expected.

It is thought the Newcastle-born man preferably wants to stay with his hometown club, though.


Subscribe for free to TEAMtalk’s daily newsletter…


Weekend off for Newcastle

St. James' Park

Newcastle did not play their scheduled Premier League game with Aston Villa on Friday.

The fixture was postponed after five players and two members of staff tested positive for Covid-19 during the week, BBC Sport says.

An increase in cases forced its training ground at Darsley Park to shut on Monday and Tuesday.

The Guardian reports that the whole first-team squad went into self-isolation as a result.

Aston Villa said they supported the decision with a new date for the game expected to be announced soon.

Newcastle are due to host West Brom on December 12 in their next match.

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM