Serie A midfielder gives update on £40m Man Utd links

Date published: Tuesday 3rd December 2019 11:17

Sandro Tonali has provided a cryptic update on his future amid links with a number of big clubs, including Manchester United and AC Milan.

A number of Europe’s top clubs have been linked with a bid for the teenage Brescia midfielder, who has previously revealed his love for all things Milan.

The Rossoneri are believed to be one of the clubs in the running for the player’s signature, as Calciomercato.com reported in September that Milan had a €15-20m summer bid for Tonali rejected.

However, competition is strong for the 19-year-old, with United, Juventus, Inter Milan, Napoli, Fiorentina and Dortmund all credited with interest in the player.

The Sun also reported that United are preparing a £40m bid for Tonali to try and beat their rivals to the player in January.

Tonali spoke at the Grand Gala of Calcio on Monday night after being named as the best young player in Serie B last season, and was questioned about his future.

“Where do I want to play? I don’t know, I say nothing to avoid messing up,” he said (via Calciomercato.com).

“But I myself have the my dream, which I hope to reach as soon as possible. I want to keep it inside myself and maybe reveal it soon.”

“The comparison with Pirlo? They tell me more than once a day. There were times when I woke up in the morning and it was the topic of the moment. After a while it passes, maybe it’s better this way.”

Meanwhile, United must negotiate with Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy if they want to appoint former Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino, according to a report.

United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is under increasing pressure at Old Trafford after a 2-2 draw with Aston Villa on Sunday confirmed the club’s worst start to a league campaign in 31 years.

 

There have been calls from some for United to get rid of Solskjaer and appoint Pochettino, who has been replaced by Jose Mourinho in North London.

And the Norwegian is reported to have told his United squad that he could face the sack in the event of a defeat to former manager Mourinho’s Tottenham on Wednesday.

According to The Telegraph, interested clubs will have to get clearance from Levy if they are to go ahead with an approach for the Argentine. Read more…

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM