Serie A star reveals €30m clause may be removed amid Tottenham links

Date published: Friday 22nd November 2019 1:20

Roma attacking midfielder Lorenzo Pellegrini says a contract renewal has not yet been discussed amid links with Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester United.

The Italian international is returning from a broken metatarsal, which he suffered after an impressive start to the season – with his form making him an appealing proposition given he has a €30m release clause.

Many expected Pellegrini to sign a contract renewal at Roma over the summer, after teammates Cengiz Under, Edin Dzeko and Nicolo Zaniolo (the latter two having since emerged as targets for Manchester United) did the same.

However, despite his eagerness to continue with his boyhood club, the 23-year-old is yet to extend his deal, which runs until 2022.

Earlier this month, Tottenham were rumoured to be ready to test Roma’s resolve with a €50m January bid – and it appears they may need to go above the asking price if new boss Jose Mourinho is also interested.

 

Asked about plans for a new contract by Gazzetta Dello Sport, Pellegrini said: “We haven’t talked about it yet, but I am very calm. The only thing that matters is that I’m feeling good.

“When the time comes, we will sit down. We will also talk about removing the clause in the contract…”

 

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM