Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has revealed that Paul Pogba has suffered a different injury to the one which kept him out earlier in the season.
Solskjaer confirmed earlier in the week that the Frenchman – who suffered an ankle injury in September and returned last month – will be out again for up to four weeks.
The latest layoff is another blow to Solskjaer who – speaking to reporters at a press conference on Friday – appeared to be frustrated at having to answer questions about the player on the eve of FA Cup third-round weekend.
“Here we go again, FA Cup third round and you’re talking about Paul again,” he said.
“Paul came back after a long spell out, two games, couldn’t go to Burnley, felt his ankle was sore, we did a scan and it’s not the same injury.
“It’s a different injury and when you get that scan you consult your own medical people as well like I did, you want the best second opinion and the advice was to have it done.
“It’s not a major one and probably as I said three or four weeks.”
The manager said: “As in when you consult your surgeon and ones you trust, that’s maybe my bad English.
“You have people you trust and speak to, when I did my injuries I had my people in Norway and Sweden I spoke to and Paul has people he trusts, and that’s more important.
“That’s more or less it. As clear as it can be at this point.”
The Norwegian boss was further questioned on his side’s plans for the January transfer window but he was reluctant to give much away.
“We are still looking and as I have said so many times, we have our targets and if they become available, we will do something,” Solskjaer said.
“If they are not available, we will do nothing.”
United face Wolves at Molineux in their FA Cup third round clash, having been dumped out of the competition by Nuno Espirito Santo’s side at the quarter-final stage last season.