Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer expects Angel Gomes to leave the club after receiving no official word following talks about his future.
Solskjaer confirmed earlier this month that United have offered the 19-year-old a new deal at Old Trafford.
However, the midfielder’s current terms expire on Tuesday and, speaking in Monday’s press conference, Solskjaer was again unable to provide a concrete update on the situation.
“I’ve got no news, nothing, so it doesn’t look like it,” the manager said when asked if Gomes will stay.
“To be honest, I’ve not heard from them last night or this morning. It seems like they haven’t managed to agree so the answer is probably short and yes, then.”
Gomes made his first-team debut in May 2017 and has made nine further appearances since.
He has made six appearances this term, including two in the Premier League and three in the Europa League.
However, it would seem his last United game was in a 4-0 win over Norwich in January.
As things stand, Gomes has chosen not to follow fellow youngster Tahith Chong in signing a new deal.
Chong, 20, has appeared 12 times under Solskjaer this season.
SOLSKJAER FOCUSED ON BRIGHTON TRIP
Solskjaer was speaking ahead of Tuesday’s Premier League trip to Brighton.
United have never beaten the Seagulls away from home, something Solskjaer is well aware of.
“Of course, there’s a reason because they’re a good footballing side,” he said. “They play football and make it hard for you. I’ve not been down there myself and fans, of course they matter and have an impact on games and football.
“To get out of this lockdown period is going to be fantastic but at the moment we have to deal with the situation as it is and as an away team. sometimes it helps you.
“But then again when you’re at the bottom the pressure of fans can get to you and give an extra edge.”
United can strengthen their bid for Champions League football next season with victory.