Gabriel Boschilia is one of the latest names to be linked with Arsenal so here is the rundown on all you need to know about the Monaco starlet…
Reports over the weekend suggested the Gunners were tracking Boschilia after a fine start to the season with Monaco. The Brazilian, though, would not come cheap, with four years remaining on his contract, and other suitors across Europe.
Make yourself familiar with one of the continent’s hottest properties…
- Boschilia has scored four goals in Ligue 1 for Monaco this term despite having made only three starts. The attacking midfielder came off the bench on six other occasions.
- Having played a total of 276 minutes in the league, Boschilia is averaging a goal every 69 minutes.
- He spent the second half of last season out on loan at Standard Liege, scoring two goals and providing two assists in 12 games.
- Boschilia began his career at Sao Paulo, having signed a three-year contract with the club as a 16-year-old.
- His senior debut came for Sao Paulo as a 17-year-old. After 44 appearances, Boschilia moved to Monaco in August 2015 for a fee of 7million euros, having made his name at the Under-17 World Cup in 2013, scoring six goals in five games.
- Boschilia was named on the 40-strong shortlist for the 2016 Golden Boy award, which was won by Bayern Munich’s Renato Sanches.
- Arsenal are not the only top European side to be tracking the 20-year-old. Juventus have also been watching him.
- Boschilla is a set-piece specialist, with three of his four goals this season having come from dead balls…
- The 20-year old has a very clear idea of how the game should be played: “I love exuberant football, but played responsibly and always with the aim of scoring goals. Without any clowning around but with dribbling and aggression coupled with strength in attack.”
- Boschilia may have hit the big time in Europe, but the Brazilian remains thrifty, saying of the cost of living in Monaco: “I would tremble when the bill would arrive, I’d convert everything from Euros to Reais. I was even careful when I got a coke!”