Tottenham have confirmed the signing of Pape Matar Sarr from Metz and the sale of Moussa Sissoko to Watford in a forward thinking double transfer.
Sarr had drawn significant interest from big sides such as Manchester United and Chelsea. But Tottenham have staved off their Premier League rivals to secure an impressive coup. The 18-year-old midfielder will stay with French side Metz for the season on loan.
No details such as the fee or the length of contract the Senegalese international has signed have yet been disclosed.
Shortly after announcing the acquisition of the promising youngster, Spurs also revealed they’ve agreed a deal with the Hornets for Sissoko.
The Frenchman had been told he was surplus to requirements at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium by Nuno Espirito Santo.
He’d been struggling to find a club in Europe who were willing to sign him. But it emerged Xisco Munoz’s side were interested yesterday.
Discussions proceeded quickly and he has signed a two-year deal with the club. Interestingly, he will be available for their clash against Spurs at the weekend.
Sissoko will bring bags of experience to the newly promoted side as they look to survive in their first season back in the top-flight.
It is also a wise piece of business by Tottenham. They have got a 32-year-old player off of their books who has never made a spot in the starting XI his own.
And in return they have signed a very youthful midfielder who could develop into a big presence in their team.
Sarr enjoyed plenty of action in Ligue 1 last season after moving to France from his home country in 2020.
He bagged three goals in 22 appearances, making the transition to elite football very seamlessly. He has been capped by Senegal twice.
Tottenham without record signing again
Meanwhile, Tottenham boss Nuno has confirmed Tanguy Ndombele will not be involved against Watford this weekend.
The club’s record signing has not featured at all during pre-season or the first four games of the campaign and is understood to have asked to leave the club.
However, it remains to be seen whether Spurs will let him leave before Tuesday’s transfer window deadline.
Asked whether his situation had changed, Nuno said: “No, we speak yesterday and we speak the day before, Tanguy is with us. He’s not been an option. Nothing has changed really.”