Tottenham may ditch January attacker move after Mourinho arrival

Date published: Sunday 1st December 2019 2:44

Eberechi Eze TEAMtalk

Tottenham may no longer be set to move for QPR attacker Eberechi Eze in the January transfer window following Jose Mourinho’s appointment.

Mourinho’s predecessor, Mauricio Pochettino, was thought to have been keen on a move for Eze in the new year – having had the youngster watched regularly by Spurs scouts during the first half the campaign.

But with Pochettino moving on and Mourinho arriving, the latter is said to have told his current squad that he is not planning on making any January signings as he continues to assess his new team.

It’s claimed that Eze had been keen to work with Pochettino in order to further his development, and that QPR had been bracing themselves for a bid from Spurs for their young attacker in January.

Eze has been in outstanding form for QPR so far this season, scoring seven goals and providing four assists in 19 league appearances, with Rangers sitting 16th in the Championship standings.

 

Despite the likelihood of a move to north London not happening, Chelsea, West Ham and Leicester are also said to be keen on the talented 21-year-old.

Read more: Jose Mourinho wants his Tottenham side to stay in touch with Chelsea before their blockbusting Premier League match later this month.

 

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM