Tottenham offered chance to sign £80m attacker following agent switch

Date published: Wednesday 8th January 2020 10:08

Wilfried.Zaha_.Crystal.Palace.TEAMtalk

Wilfried Zaha has changed his agent in an effort to force through a move away from Crystal Palace – and his new representative has already made talks with two clubs, it is claimed.

The Ivory Coast winger wants to leave Palace for a bigger club after failing to push through a move to either Arsenal or Everton last summer, and he has now hired Pini Zahavi to try and help him seal a dream move.

According to the Daily Mirror, Zahavi has now sounded out Tottenham Hotspur over potential interest in the player – but it is believed he would be too expensive for them.

The Mirror had previously claimed that Zaha had been offered to Bayern Munich, who are four points adrift of top spot at the half-way stage in the Bundesliga.

It was said that Zaha could be considered by the German giants if they do not make Philippe Coutinho’s loan from Barcelona permanent at the end of the season.

However, it appears Zahavi is keeping his new client’s options open, and a move to Tottenham would allow him to stay not just in the Premier League, but also in London.

Jose Mourinho is looking for cover at Spurs, with Christian Eriksen out of contract at the end of the season and Harry Kane ruled out for a number of weeks with injury.

However, Palace are asking for £80m for Zaha, which would be beyond what Spurs are willing to pay.

Another potential suitor for Zaha, however, have begun to turn their attention to other targets, as Chelsea are set to prioritise a move for Borussia Dortmund and England star Jadon Sancho.

At the start of January, Blues boss Frank Lampard denied any interest in Zaha.

“I wouldn’t talk about Zaha. It’s not something I’ve considered,” said Lampard.

“I won’t talk about him because he’s not in our plans. If we have to do business, we will do it behind closed doors aside to announcing who I want to bring in.”

Zaha remains under contract at Selhurst Park until 2023, with Roy Hodgson having admitted that while he is not for sale, the club would have to consider serious bids.

 

“Wilf is not for sale, so basically I don’t need assurances. We aren’t trying to sell Wilfried Zaha, we want to keep Wilfried Zaha,” said Hodgson.

“What assurance can people give? I have the assurance there is no one in the club that wants to sell Wilfried Zaha.

“But of course you never know where bids are going to come from and I suppose every time there is a serious bid for one of your players the board of directors needs to take it seriously.

“It’s certainly not something we’re looking for.”

 

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM