Tottenham pushing for Dembele transfer after agreeing £30m fee

Date published: Thursday 14th June 2018 1:10

Tottenham have reportedly agreed a £30million fee with an unnamed Chinese club for the transfer of Mousa Dembele.

Dembele, 30, looks set to leave Tottenham this summer after six seasons, as his contract expires next June, and Spurs have decided to sell him rather than renew his current deal.

RMC Sport report that a deal in principle has been agreed between the two parties, with Spurs more than happy with the £30million price considering the age of Dembele.

The French outlet claim the offer tabled was actually £60million, but due to Chinese taxes 50 per cent of any deal has to be taken off.

Dembele though has not spoken to the Chinese club, and he has said he will make a decision after the World Cup as to where he will play his football next season, but Spurs are pushing for Dembele to give the deal the go ahead.

In March Dembele did not rule out signing a new deal with the club, but he confirmed talks were on hold until after the World Cup.

He told Belgian paper La Derniere Heure: “We have not really talked about an extension of my contract.

“At the beginning of the season, I said ‘I had physical problems, I want to see at the end of the season how I feel’. That’s what the club and I decided by mutual agreement.

Sky Sport Italia reported earlier this week that Juventus had contacted Tottenham over a potential deal to take Dembele to Turin.

Last month Dembele’s agent, Tom De Mul, confirmed that he is currently entertaining offers.

De Mul told the Daily Mirror: “For the time being, Mousa does not sign.

“Mousa has another one year contract with Tottenham. He has played a fantastic season and there is a lot going on around him.”

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM