Tottenham suffer blow over pursuit of £25m January transfer target

Date published: Friday 23rd November 2018 9:31

Blackburn Rovers manager Tony Mowbray claims all bids will be rejected for prized asset Bradley Dack in January, despite his desire to play in the Premier League.

Blackburn’s top scorer this season with 10 goals is believed to be in high demand after a series of impressive performances, with Tottenham and West Brom among those linked, with the latter previously having three bids, the highest offer totalling £15million, turned down.

Dack was a key part of Blackburn’s promotion-winning team from League One last season, scoring 18 goals and providing nine assists. The Lancashire side now sit 9th in the Championship just two points off the play-off places.

Mowbray has warned potential bidders however, that no amount of money will change his stance.

“He won’t go anywhere, even if we get big bids, in this next window,” Mowbray said at an annual fans’ forum.

“We bought him for £750k, if we sell him for £25million I’d hope I get a good chunk of that to spend on two or three players.

“He wants to play in the Premier League and I’m sure he can. This window [in January] will come up quickly on us. My hope is that Bradley knocks on my door and says that he doesn’t want to go.”

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM