Tottenham to return with improved offer as exciting youngster rejects deal

Date published: Friday 8th November 2019 8:40

Tottenham are to come back with an improved offer to keep Japhet Tanganga at the club after the youngster rejected the club’s first offer of a contract extension, according to reports.

Centre-back Tanganga was handed his debut by Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino earlier this season in the EFL Cup defeat to Colchester in September, with his only other outing this term coming for the Under-23s.

The 20-year-old’s current contract in North London runs out next summer and according to Football Insider, Tottenham are working on keeping him at the club with an extension to his terms.

The source says that Tanganga has turned down an initial offer from the club, who are expected to come back with an improved package.

 

 

It is said that along with midfielder Oliver Skipp and attacker Troy Parrott, Tanganga is regarded as one of Spurs‘ brightest youngest talents and it is seen as vital that he sticks around at Spurs.

What’s more, with first-team stars Toby Alderweireld and Jan Vertonghen seeing their contracts run out at the end of the season, keeping Tanganga could become even more vital if either – or both – of the former duo leave.

Read more: Pochettino hints at resting Tottenham ace who starred in Belgrade

 

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM