Tottenham transfers: Agent of Barcelona star plays down Postecoglou move as £30m Liverpool links are also debunked

Ansu Fati, Ousmane Dembele and Franck Kessie of FC Barcelona during the La Liga match between RCD Espanyol and FC Barcelona played at RCDE Stadium on May 14 in Barcelona, Spain

The agent of Barcelona midfielder Franck Kessie has responded to claims the midfielder will be forced out this summer amid speculation of a move to either Liverpool or Tottenham.

The Ivorian moved to the Nou Camp last summer, signing up after his deal at AC Milan came to an end. However, his stay in Catalonia could be coming to an end after just one season, with Barcelona desperate to raise transfer funds.

Indeed, their dire financial straits means the club reportedly needs to raise a reported €200m before July 1. And in order to comply with FFP regulations, a number of players are seemingly set to depart.

To that end, long-serving stars Jordi Alba and Sergio Busquests are already confirmed departures this summer. But several other stars could also leave too with Andreas Christensen, Eric Garcia, Ansu Fati, Samuel Umtiti and Clement Lenglet among those up for grabs.

The latter is poised to seal a cut-price move to Spurs after his season’s loan spell. And there is every chance he’ll seal a permanent switch with Barcelona willing to move him on for a cut-price fee.

However, reports earlier this week suggest he will be joined in N7 by midfield powerhouse Kessie.

The Spanish media claims he has been told he can leave for €35m (£30m), with Tottenham leading the chase for the 26-year-old.

There is also strong interest from Liverpool too, with Jurgen Klopp desperate to rebuild his engine room.

To that end, it is said that Kessie will fit the bill for the Merseysiders looking for a replacement to the departed Naby Keita.

READ MORE: Harry Kane leads XI of stars who don’t have European football to look forward to in 2023/24

Kessie agent angry at Tottenham, Liverpool rumours

However, Kessie’s agent has now hit back at the claims his client is set to leave the LaLiga champions.

Per the Daily Mirror, the representatives has labelled the reports as ‘fake news’. And he insists Kessie is happy at Barcelona and will resist all attempts to move him on this summer.

Those claims follow a similar suggestion from Xavi, who also has expressed his desire to retain Kessie’s services.

Speaking last month, the Barcelona boss has explained how Kessie has become a key performer.

“We’re very happy with him, he’s putting in some excellent performances,” Xavi said. “He rarely loses the ball, and the timing of his runs into the box is good. He works hard for the team and is generous with his teammates.

“The matches that he’s been playing are giving him confidence. He’s patient and he’ll be important for us. I’m very happy with Frank.”

As Barcelona saw with Frenkie De Jong last summer, it can be hard to move on players who simply don’t want to leave.

Thankfully for Kessie, though, Barcelona have a wealth of other players who look likely to leave anyway.

And even if they were to sign Ilkay Gundogan, there would still be room in their ranks for Kessie.

However, there is no doubting the Barcelona financial issues remain. Their lack of funds ultimately cost them the chance to re-sign Lionel Messi. The legendary Argentine has since opted for a lucrative move to Inter Miami.

READ MORE ~ Transfer Gossip: Liverpool launch €60m bid for Real Madrid star squeezed out by Bellingham