Paper Talk: Bayern star leaves Chelsea hanging as contract talks delayed

Date published: Sunday 19th September 2021 8:54 - Rob McCarthy

Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel

Chelsea have been handed a boost to their hopes of signing a Bayern Munich centre-back next summer, while Sunday’s transfer gossip claims Wolves will not let a Manchester United and Arsenal target leave without a fight.

TUCHEL LIFTED IN CHELSEA DEFENDER CHASE

Chelsea defensive target Niklas Sule has reportedly seen contract talks with Bayern Munich amid links to Stamford Bridge.

The 26-year-old penned a five-year deal with the reigning Bundesliga champions upon his arrival from Hoffenheim in 2017. That means he has now entered the final year of his contract.

With Chelsea failing to strike a deal for Sevilla’s Jules Kounde over the summer, a swoop for Sule has since been strongly mooted.

And Thomas Tuchel has seemingly been handed a boost in his pursuit of the player.

Bild journalist Christian Falk claims that talks over a new deal in Bavaria for Sule are currently on hold.

However, Falk adds that talks will become more “concrete” during the next transfer window. Sule remains a key player under new manager Julian Nagelsmann.

The centre-back has played the full 90 minutes in four of Bayern’s five Bundesliga games so far this season. He has made 141 appearances for the club in total, winning four Bundesliga titles and one Champions League in that time.

Meanwhile, another Chelsea target Milan Skriniar is reportedly set to sign a new four-year deal with Inter Milan.

The towering defender has been strongly linked with London rivals Tottenham for the past 18 months. However, the Blues have since emerged as contenders for his signature.

Tuchel is still interested in landing another centre-back, with continued doubts over the future of Antonio Rudiger.

The Germany defender is currently stalling on a new contract and could move on next summer.

MAN UTD, ARSENAL SENT NEVES WARNING

Wolverhampton Wanderers star Ruben Neves applauds the fans after the pre-season friendly match at the bet365 Stadium, Stoke-on-Trent

Wolves boss Bruno Lage has warned Manchester United and Arsenal that he will not let star midfielder Ruben Neves leave without a fight. (Sunday Express)

Chelsea are preparing an attractive offer to lure Monaco midfielder Aurelien Tchouameni to Stamford Bridge. Juventus have also joined the race for the 21-year-old Frenchman. (Sunday Express)

Matthijs de Ligt’s agent Mino Raiola says the centre-back could leave Juventus at the end of the season. Chelsea want to sign the 22-year-old. (Sunday Express)

Barcelona are targeting a loan swoop for Raheem Sterling in January with the Manchester City forward a priority target. (Mail on Sunday)

Lionel Messi will earn £94m in wages over his three-year contract at Paris Saint-Germain. That includes a £12.8m-a-year loyalty bonus and a cryptocurrency stake after avoiding a Barcelona pay-cut, it has been revealed. (Mail on Sunday)

Cristiano Ronaldo will be a force in the Premier League for years to come, says Teddy Sheringham. (Daily Star Sunday)

ALISSON REVEALS BRAZILIAN DREAM

Fabinho, Alisson Becker, Jordan Henderson TEAMtalk

Liverpool goalkeeper Alisson says he would like to rejoin Brazilian side Internacional if given the chance at some point. However, the 28-year-old is “happy” after recently signing a six-year contract at Anfield. (Sunday Mirror)

Manchester United are planning a January clear-out with up to seven stars set for an exit. Donny van de Beek, Jesse Lingard, Phil Jones and Eric Bailly are among those who may be sold. (Sun on Sunday)

Southampton are on the trail of Hull’s left-winger  Keane  Lewis-Potter as they look for domestic  bargains. (Sun on Sunday)

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer admits he has not made up his mind on his Man Utd’s first-choice goalkeeper this season. Dean Henderson, and David de Gea are currently vying for the number one jersey. (Sunday Mirror)

Manchester United striker Edinson Cavani does not want to leave Old Trafford even though the 34-year-old Uruguay forward is now competing with Ronaldo for a starting spot. (ESPN Brazil)


Give our social media channels a follow – we’re on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram


MORE TRANSFER GOSSIP

Declan Rice celebrating his solo goal versus Dinamo Zagreb 2021

West Ham United coach Kevin Nolan says he would not sell 22-year-old midfielder Declan Rice to Man Utd. (Manchester Evening News)

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has hit back at Rio Ferdinand after his former Man Utd team-mate appeared to question whether

Cristiano Ronaldo undermined his own boss by shouting at the pitch during their Champions League defeat by Young Boys. (Sunday Telegraph)

Hearts striker Nathan Austin claims he was a victim of racist abuse as he scored a perfect hat-trick in Saturday’s League Two meeting against Albion Rovers. (Scottish Sun)

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM