Paper Talk: Liverpool attacking target talks up £70m Anfield switch

Date published: Sunday 3rd May 2020 8:59 - Robert McCarthy

A Liverpool attacking target has dropped a major hint that he could move to Anfield this summer, while Manchester United have renewed their interest in a Juventus star, according to Sunday’s newspaper gossip.

 

ATTACKING TARGET GIVES LIVERPOOL HOPE OVER MOVE 

Reported Liverpool target Joaquin Correa has told his fans how he would like to play in the Premier League in the future, prompting talk of a switch to Anfield.

The Argentine attacker has been strongly tipped to make a move to Merseyside this summer, with media reports from Italy claiming that Jurgen Klopp is looking at Correa as an option to bolster his attack, while Liverpool could waiver the 30% sell-on clause in Luis Alberto’s contract to help facilitate a deal.

Correa, who has a £70 million release clause at the Rome-based club, admitted on Instagram he has a desire to play in England.

“I’d like to play in the Premier League. Right now, I am concentrating on Lazio, but I enjoy the English league too. I would want to improve my English and I will do that,” Correa said, as quoted by Football Italia.

Correa has been excellent this season, posting seven goals and one assist in 17 Serie A games as Lazio challenged Juventus for the title prior to the Covid-19 suspension.

 

 

The 25-year-old, who has also had spells at Sampdoria and Sevilla, is expected to be used as part of Jurgen Klopp’s front-three attacking rotation and despite his somewhat hefty exit clause, the Reds are hoping that the current financial crisis within the game will tempt Lazio to cash in for a lesser fee.

Klopp is expected to be in the market for more forward options this summer, with Adam Lallana and Xherdan Shaqiri expected to leave, while Correa has the ability to play out wide or through the middle.

 

AND MORE GOSSIP

At least four Premier League clubs want Manchester United winger Jesse Lingard if the club decide not to offer him a contract extension (Daily Star Sunday)

Manchester United sent scouts to watch Juventus midfielder Adrien Rabiot before Serie A was suspended and will consider a summer offer according to a report in Italy (Daily Star Sunday)

Lille have received a £75m offer for striker Victor Osimhen according to reports in France – Osimhen has been linked with a number of clubs, including Liverpool (Daily Star Sunday)

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has made plans to make Paul Pogba a key part of Manchester United’s future and build a partnership with Bruno Fernandes but Real Madrid are set to table a cut-price £70m bid for the wantaway Old Trafford star (Sunday Mirror)

Premier League clubs are facing a player revolt over the plan to restart the season with a number of foreign stars approaching their governments and agents for advice on whether it will be safe for them to return to action on June 12 (Sunday Mirror)

Arsenal legend Dennis Bergkamp is leading a consortium of football superstars including Phillip Cocu, Dirk Kuyt, Ronald Koeman and Henrik Larsson aiming to buy a Premier League club (Sunday Mirror)

Bayern Munich and Brazil winger Philippe Coutinho, 27, will be a target for Newcastle if they make Mauricio Pochettino the club’s new manager(Sunday Mirror)

Philippe Coutinho

Manchester United’s money-men are preparing for a doomsday scenario of empty stadiums for up to six months after football restarts (Sunday Mirror)

Premier League clubs will be offered a star-studded host of Barcelona players to buy or loan this summer, including World Cup winner Antoine Griezmann, as the Spanish giants are desperate to raise funds amid the coronavirus outbreak (Sunday Mirror)

Tottenham have slashed Jose Mourinho’s transfer budget with loan signings are now high on the agenda as last year’s Champions League finalists look to cut costs (Sunday Mirror)

The Premier League is being offered an amazing Plan B escape route – to end the season in sunny Australian city Perth (Sun on Sunday)

Belgium midfielder Kevin de Bruyne, 28, has hinted he could quit Manchester City if their Champions League ban is upheld (Manchester Evening News)

Manchester United hope to beat Tottenham to the signing of Sunderland’s young striker Joe Hugill for a six-figure sum (Sun on Sunday)

Gareth Southgate is concerned about a “club vs country” row should UEFA insist on Nations League games being played in the autumn – England were drawn against Iceland, Denmark and Belgium (Sun on Sunday)

EFL clubs could receive a multi-million-pound handout from the Premier League if they get their season going (Sun on Sunday)

Bosses at a Premier League club have told their players they can opt out of Project Restart for health and safety (Sun on Sunday)

Sheffield United owner Prince Abdullah would risk being jailed in Saudi Arabia if the Blades beat Newcastle after the proposed takeover (Sun on Sunday)

Newcastle manager Steve Bruce remains very popular among his squad who are determined to prove to the new owners that he should be kept on beyond this season (Sun on Sunday)

Burnley will claim a huge £10m in compensation for miracle-worker manager Sean Dyche with Crystal Palace and Aston Villa monitoring his situation (Sun on Sunday)

West Ham are considering offloading their £45m club-record signing Sebastien Haller after just one season at the London Stadium (Sunday Express)

Mesut Ozil has chipped in to help those struggling with the coronavirus in Turkey after pledging £80,000 for Muslims during Ramadan (Mail on Sunday)

Chelsea head coach Frank Lampard has said it would not ‘sit well’ with him if Premier League stars were favoured to undergo regular coronavirus tests ahead of frontline NHS staff and key workers (Mail on Sunday)

Marcelo has no plans to surrender his Real Madrid left-back slot to Ferland Mendy just yet, rubbishing rumours he is set for a switch to Juventus (Mail on Sunday)

Leicester City plan to move for Arsenal left-back Kieran Tierney if they lose Ben Chilwell (Sunday Express)

Kieran Tierney TEAMtalk

Montpellier midfielder Junior Sambia is ready to return home after a scary battle against coronavirus over the past couple of weeks (Mail on Sunday)

Leeds United want to go with 20-year-old Illan Meslier as their Premier League goalkeeper next season if they win promotion (Mail on Sunday)

Rangers are poised to pull the trigger on their ‘smoking gun’ in the next 72 hours and submit their dossier of evidence they claim proves SPFL skullduggery to all 42 member clubs (Scottish Sun on Sunday)

Scottish FA president Rod Petrie has confirmed that this year’s Scottish Cup will be played to a conclusion – even if it takes us into 2021 to get it done (Scottish Sun on Sunday)

Celtic are keeping tabs on Legia Warsaw’s Michal Karbownik but the club will have to beat Dynamo Moscow and Real Betis to land the attacking left-back (Sunday Mail)

 

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM