Paper Talk: Arteta close to £48m double swoop

Date published: Tuesday 19th May 2020 8:27

Orkun.Kokcu_.Feyenoord.TEAMtalk.000

Mikel Arteta is close to closing two transfers at Arsenal, Chelsea look set for disappointment and Man Utd target a Monaco defender, all in the papers.

 

ARSENAL CLOSE IN ON £48M DOUBLE SWOOP

Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta is looking for a replacement for Mesut Ozil and has set his sights on Feyenoord’s Orkun Kokcu.

That is the latest from Mundo Deportivo is that Arteta and Arsenal are in ‘pole position’ to land the 19-year-old.

Arsenal’s interest in the Turkey U21 attacking midfielder has been well documented.

Feyenoord boss Advocaat told Fox Sports in March that he believes the rumours of Arsenal being interested in Kocku to be “true” but says that as far as he knows Arsenal have not sent anyone to the Netherlands.

“It seems that what I read is true. But no one has yet come to Feyenoord (to make their interest clear),” Advocaat said.

Last month Dutch publication Voetball International (via the Metro) confirmed that ‘Feyenoord will accept a £23million bid for Kokcu.’

Arsenal are also interested in Borussia Monchengladbach defender Nico Elvedi.

The 23-year-old centre-back’s contract is set to expire in June 2021 and Le10sport have Arsenal as frontrunners for his signature and say a bid of £25million would suffice.

The 17-capped Switzerland international has made 158 appearances for the Bundesliga club.

AND THE REST

Manchester United, Arsenal, Spurs and Leicester City are said to be queueing up for the signature of Borussia Monchengladbach striker Alassane Plea (Bild).

Liverpool were interested in Man City star Leroy Sane and asked about a potential transfer, but player will not move to Merseyside and wants Bayern Munich move (IndyKalia news)

Gareth Bale was offered to one MLS team, but that club decided to turn down a chance to sign the Real Madrid star (The Athletic)

Chelsea are on the trail of Feyenoord midfielder Lamare Bogarde (Football Insider)

Bayer Leverkusen’s German attacking midfielder Kai Havertz, 20, should turn down the chance to go to Liverpool and choose Borussia Dortmund instead says former Germany international Jens Nowotny. (Goal)

Napoli forward Dries Mertens is reportedly ready to commit his future to the Italian side by penning a two-year contract extension in Naples (Sky Italia)

Inter will have to sell Lautaro Martinez to afford RB Leipzig star, but they have a chance of signing Timo Werner (Calciomercato)

Ivan.Rakitic.Barcelona.TEAMtalk

Barcelona midfielder Ivan Rakitic has hinted that he is prepared to leave the club this summer by stating he has “never closed the doors to making a big change.” (Diario Sport)

Juventus could sell a host of players, including Bosnia midfielder Miralem Pjanic, 30, and Argentine striker Gonzalo Higuain, 32, this summer as part of a new policy of cutbacks designed to help the club cope with the financial impact of the coronavirus pandemic. (Daily Mail)

Club Brugge striker Emmanuel Dennis looks set to leave the Belgian club in the upcoming transfer window (La Dernière Heure)

Bayer Leverkusen will not let Kai Havertz leave for less than £89m (Calciomercato)

Manchester City look set to beat Newcastle in the race to sign highly-regarded Uruguayan Facundo Pellestri (AS)

Daniel Sturridge TEAMtalk

Daniel Sturridge is reportedly in talks with two MLS clubs over a proposed move when his FA ban is over. (Daily Mirror)

Serhou Guirassy’s agent has spoken of the striker’s Premier League dream after Arsenal were linked with a move for the 24-year-old. (Daily Mirror)

Real Madrid have no interest in signing Erling Braut Haaland and will instead keep faith with Luka Jovic (Cadena Cope)

 

 

 

Barcelona are to step up their attempts to sign Inter Milan’s Argentine striker Lautaro Martinez, 22, and Pjanic. (Mundo Deportivo)

Manchester United are ready to revive their interest in Napoli’s Senegalese defender Kalidou Koulibaly, 28, after learning of Liverpool’s interest in the Napoli star. (Gazzetta dello Sport)

Liverpool goalkeeper Loris Karius, 26, will not return to train with the club. The German had cancelled his contract with loan club Besiktas earlier this month. (Liverpool Echo)

Mauricio Pochettino is now free to embark on the next step of his managerial career after his Tottenham Hotspur gardening leave finally came to an end – one day after the Premier League should have finished. (Telegraph)

Roma are set to miss out on signing Manchester United defender Chris Smalling on a permanent basis. (Daily Mail)

Raheem Sterling has cast further doubt over Project Restart by insisting that Premier League footballers need at least a month of training before they can play again. (Daily Mail)

Manchester United have reportedly identified Monaco full back Fode Ballo-Toure as a potential transfer target this summer. (Daily Mail)

Manchester United have raided the former youth club of Marcus Rashford and Jesse Lingard by signing six youngsters. (The Sun)

Erling Haaland rejected a move to Juventus in January because they wanted to put him in the U23 squad. (The Sun)

La Liga’s plans to restart the season involve having a maximum of 197 people inside the stadium on matchday. (The Sun)

Liverpool have reportedly joined the race to lure Roma starlet Nicolo Zaniolo to the Premier League at the end of the season. (The Sun)

Leicester remain hopeful of agreeing a new contract with Caglar Soyuncu despite efforts to link the player with a move to Liverpool or Barcelona this summer. (Daily Mail)

Premier League clubs will have to consider isolating players for up to 14 days in hotels before matches resume, with an “inspector” to be appointed for every training ground to make sure the strict rules are being followed. (Telegraph)

The Premier League is looking at proposals to add artificial fan noise to enhance the match experience when the season resumes. (Telegraph)

The EFL plan to make the remainder of the Championship season a festival of football with midweek matches broadcast at tea-times and evenings. (Telegraph)

Newcastle United’s on-loan winger Valentino Lazaro is waiting to hear from managing director Lee Charnley on where his future lies next season. The 24-year-old Austrian joined the Magpies from Inter Milan in January. (Newcastle Chronicle)

Manchester City are confident David Silva, 34, will agree to a short-term contract extension to allow the midfielder to see out the remainder of the season. The Spanish midfielder is scheduled to leave on 30 June when his deal expires. (ESPN)

Manchester United are set to recall 23-year-old Portuguese keeper Joel Pereira from his loan spell at Hearts following the conclusion of the Scottish Premiership season. (Manchester Evening News)

Wolves extend 33-year-old English goalkeeper John Ruddy’s contract by a further year. (Birmingham Mail)

Chelsea boss Frank Lampard is hoping his out-of-contract players will sign short-term extensions to their contracts, which are set to run out before the proposed end of the current season. The contracts of Brazilian midfielder Willian, 31, and French striker Olivier Giroud, 33, are set to expire on 30 June. (Chelsea)

Lampard rejected the chance to be Ipswich boss because they had no money, according to his uncle Harry Redknapp. (Sun)

Argentine manager Mauricio Pochettino is free to sign for prospective clubs after his Tottenham garden leave ended. (Telegraph)

Roma’s legendary Italian forward Francesco Totti, 43, says he was very close to joining Real Madrid but they would not offer him more than what their striker Raul was making. (Libero via Marca)

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM