Liverpool are plotting a surprise move for a Leicester attacker, while Tottenham are leading the chase to sign an England striker, according to Sunday’s papers.
LEICESTER ATTACKER ON LIVERPOOL’S RADAR
Leicester winger Harvey Barnes is a shock summer transfer target for Liverpool.
The 22-year-old has only become a Foxes first-team regular under Brendan Rodgers’ this season.
But he impressed Jurgen Klopp with his energy and forceful running, according to the Sunday Mirror.
The Reds boss likes Barnes’ versatility, with the England Under-21 international able to play on both wings and as a No.10.
Liverpool are keen to strengthen their attacking options this summer, having missed out on Timo Werner, while Adam Lallana has also moved on.
But they are likely to be priced out of a move for £60m-rated Wolves attacker Adama Traore.
The Spain winger had been Klopp’s top target, but Barnes would be available for considerably less.
However, Leicester are expected to play hardball over their top stars – as they have also done with Chelsea’s interest in Ben Chilwell.
Barnes would certainly fit with Liverpool’s model of bringing in young talent. But it remains to be seen how much Leicester will demand for the pacy forward.
MORE TRANSFER GOSSIP
Lionel Messi has told Barcelona to snatch Marcelo Bielsa from Leeds to become the new boss at the Nou Camp. (Sun on Sunday)
James Maddison has agreed to a double-your-money deal at Leicester. (Sun on Sunday)
QPR have told clubs tracking Eberechi Eze not to waste their time with offers unless they are at least £20m. (Sun on Sunday)
Kepa Arrizabalaga is resigned to leaving Chelsea in the summer and is ready to take a pay cut to facilitate a move away from Stamford Bridge. (Sun on Sunday)
Young Liverpool star Rhian Brewster is wanted on loan by Sheffield United in a three-way fight. (Sun on Sunday)
Wigan’s administrators want a new buyer to pay the crisis club’s wages next week. (Sun on Sunday)
TOTTENHAM CHASING WILSON MOVE
Tottenham are heading the hunt for England striker Callum Wilson – if Bournemouth are relegated. (Sun on Sunday)
Crystal Palace are targeting Sean Dyche as their next boss – with Roy Hodgson facing the chop. (Sunday Mirror)
Mikel Arteta will be forced to invest wisely in the transfer market after being told his budget for the upcoming window. (Sunday Mirror)
Chelsea’s £52.85m bid for Napoli defender Kalidou Koulibaly was rejected because of one of their former managers Rafael Benitez. (Daily Star Sunday)
German club Schalke have joined the race to sign unsettled Newcastle midfielder Matty Longstaff. (Daily Star Sunday)
Chelsea are confident that Kai Havertz will join compatriot Timo Werner and become their third major signing of the summer. (Mail on Sunday)
CITY TO MOVE FOR ARSENAL LOANEE CEBALLOS
Manchester City are eyeing up a shock move for Dani Ceballos if Arsenal don’t extend his stay at the Emirates. (Sunday Express)
Manchester United’s transfer business is complicated by uncertainty over Paul Pogba’s future. (Mail on Sunday)
Liverpool are set to miss out on £9m in ‘merit money’ for winning the Premier League due to the effects of the coronavirus pandemic – but will still pocket an eye-watering £175m pay-out. (Mail on Sunday)
Toni Kroos has said that Gareth Bale was ‘mad’ at Real Madrid for blocking a transfer away from the club last summer. (Mail on Sunday)
Manchester United and Manchester City target Thiago Almada has revealed he would love to play under Marcelo Bielsa at Leeds United. (Mail on Sunday)
Ambitious Italian side Benevento are exploring the possibility of signing free agent Daniel Sturridge. (Mail on Sunday)
Celtic are locked in talks to sign Peterborough over striker Ivan Toney. (Scottish Sun)