Man Utd and Chelsea are on alert after West Ham put a top star up for sale, while there could be a major twist in the Newcastle takeover, according to Tuesday’s papers.
PREM RIVALS KEEN AS WEST HAM PUT £70M STAR UP FOR SALE
Declan Rice could spark a transfer war among the Premier League’s leading clubs, with West Ham reportedly prepared to allow their key asset to leave this summer.
Hammers boss David Moyes is keen to freshen up his squad, and although he wants Rice to be part of it, knows he needs funds to reboot a side that was battling relegation before the season was suspended.
And according to The Sun, ‘nobody is safe’ from being sold at the London Stadium, with the Hammers struggling with cash flow issues as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Despite West Ham’s struggles this season, Rice has shone in the midfield and picked up his first England cap earlier in 2019 – earning six more since.
It’s no secret that United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is looking to strengthen his midfield this summer and the 21-year-old certainly fits the profile of the type of player he wants – young and British.
As for the Blues, Rice started his career at Stamford Bridge before being released at 15-years-old.
He remains close friends with Chelsea playmaker Mason Mount but could face more of a struggle to break into Frank Lampard’s midfield, with NoGolo Kante and Jorginho the mainstays, while exciting youngster Billy Gilmour is expected to play a major role at the club for years to come.
AND MORE GOSSIP
Newcastle are the target of a new £350m bid – if their Saudi Arabian takeover is rejected. American media mogul Henry Mauriss is believed to have been negotiating with current owner Mike Ashley since last year (Daily Mirror)
Liverpool, Manchester United and Manchester City are reportedly locked in a transfer battle to sign Leeds United loanee Ben White this summer (Daily Mirror)
The Dutch Eredivisie are said to be considering a stunning U-turn on their decision to cancel their season following the threat of legal action from a number of clubs (Daily Mirror)
Arsenal have been offered the chance to sign Chelsea winger Willian as a cut-price replacement for skipper Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (The Sun)
Newcastle are looking to sign former Sunderland striker Fabio Borini according to a report in Italy (The Sun)
Cesc Fabregas has offered to defer his entire £130,000-a-week wages for four months to help Monaco through the coronavirus crisis (The Sun)
Marcus Rashford has been at Manchester United’s Carrington training ground to complete his rehab from a back injury (The Sun)
Everton striker Moise Kean has been linked with a move to Napoli (BBC Sport)
Premier League clubs face an astonishing £4m bill for coronavirus testing kits (Daily Mail)
Arsenal have missed out on signing 15-year-old Manchester United midfielder Omari Forson on a professional contract (Daily Mail)
The Premier League transfer window is unlikely to open until the end of August (Daily Mail)
Barcelona have made Philippe Coutinho and Ousmane Dembele available for swap deals (Daily Mail)
Newcastle have taken chief scout Steve Nickson off the government furlough scheme after telling him to get to work on a series of summer transfer targets (Daily Mail)
Everton have held talks with Barcelona over a possible £17.4m deal for highly rated young centre back Jean-Clair Todibo (Daily Mail)
Former Chelsea and Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas says he has no interest in ever managing in the Premier League again as it doesn’t fit his style (Daily Mail)
Manchester United are now part of a “four-club race” to sign Fiorentina winger Federico Chiesa (Daily Star)
Ann Budge has won her battle with Hearts players who were refusing to take a wage cut with the final rebels having stood down (Scottish Sun)
Kilmarnock will back changes to the SPFL structure which would cut it down to three 14-team divisions…but only if the changes made are permanent (Scottish Sun)