Manchester United are pushing ahead with a move for Jadon Sancho after landing Donny van de Beek, while Lionel Messi could stay at Barcelona after all, all in the papers.
MAN UTD TO STRIKE AGAIN?
Manchester United are looking to strike while the iron is hot as they try and advance a deal for Jadon Sancho.
Fresh on the back of landing Donny van de Beek this week, United officials are pushing ahead with a move for Sancho in a deal which will smash their £89m record transfer.
According to the Daily Mail, United are finalising Sancho’s salary and personal terms, as well as the fees of intermediaries before approaching Dortmund with an official bid.
The paper claim Sancho’s agent is Emeka Obasi of the Elite Project Group agency. The agency also has Bukayo Saka, Todd Cantwell and Eddie Nketiah on their books.
Dortmund chief Michael Zorc insisted last month that any chance of United signing the 20-year-old star had dissipated after they missed a Dortmund’s August 10 deadline.
The speculation has gone quiet recently with the Bundesliga club refusing to budge on their valuation, believed to be £108m.
AND THE REST
Bournemouth contract rebel Ryan Fraser is moving closer to joining Newcastle on a free transfer. (Daily Express)
There could be a dramatic change of heart by Lionel Messi who now may perform a u-turn and remain at Barcelona for the 2020/21 season (Marca)
Lionel Messi is now contemplating staying for one more year at Barcelona after talks between the club and his father, Jorge, who is also his agent (The Times)
Tottenham Hotspur have made a formal €2m offer for Barcelona B star Lucas de Vega, according to a report. (Sport)
Fulham have had an opening bid of £8m for Lyon’s former Chelsea forward Bertrand Traore rejected. (Daily Express)
Burnley defender Ben Gibson is set to drop down to the Championship with Norwich City (The Sun)
Samuel Umtiti could be the latest high-profile Barcelona figure to leave the club, and he could go on a free (Cadena SER)
Liverpool midfielder Gini Wijnaldum has stayed tight-lipped on suggestions that he’s a transfer target for Barcelona, simply referring to speculation as “a rumour” when quizzed on international duty. (Daily Mirror)
Italian champions Juventus are continuing to try and tempt Luis Suarez from Barcelona to Turin (Sky Sports Italy)
Arsenal are close to letting Lucas Torreira leave London for Fiorentina, but only once a pending loan move for Dani Ceballos is confirmed (The Sun)
Chelsea new boy Kai Havertz could be set for a battle for the number 10 shirt with Christian Pulisic when he arrives at Stamford Bridge. (Daily Star)
KING WANTS UNITED MOVE
Bournemouth striker Josh King has issued a come-and-get-me plea to Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. (The Sun)
Burnley are moving out ‘striking’ centre-half Ben Gibson to Norwich City in a shock deal. (The Sun)
Napoli president Aurelio de Laurentiis says they want to sign Arsenal’Sokratis Papastathopoulos, which could pave the way for Senegal defender Kalidou Koulibaly, 29, to join Manchester City. (Standard)
De Laurentiis admits he regrets not selling 29-year-old Koulibaly sooner. (Manchester Evening News)
Lionel Messi’s father has spent a second day negotiating with Barcelona over his son’s potential exit, and Liverpool defender Andy Robertson says he hopes the 33-year-old Argentina forward does not sign for another Premier League club. (Sky Sports)
Manchester United defender Chris Smalling, 30, looks set to join Roma on a permanent basis. (Mirror)
Monaco have rejected a sizeable bid from Manchester United for 19-year-old French defender Benoit Badiashile, who is set to stay at the club. (Metro).
Manchester United are attempting to finalise Borussia Dortmund winger Jadon Sancho’s salary and agent fees before making a bid for the 20-year-old England international. (Star) t
The Premier League is set to bow to pressure and agree to televise all top-flight fixtures while matches are played behind closed doors. (Daily Telegraph)
Manchester City’s hopes of signing Lionel Messi have taken a hit after the player’s father was told that Barcelona are currently unwilling to negotiate his sale. (Daily Telegraph)
The Premier League was engulfed by the biggest cash crisis in its history on Thursday night after terminating its television deal in China in a move that left it with a potential £800 million-plus coronavirus bill. (Daily Telegraph)
Sevilla remain hopeful of being able to keep Real Madrid full-back Sergio Reguilon on loan for another season despite the 23-year-old Spaniard being linked with a permanent move to Manchester United. (Marca)
Arsenal are close to completing the loan signing of 24-year-old Real Madrid and Spain midfielder Dani Ceballos for a second successive season. (Daily Mail)
Manchester United are giving a trial to former Borussia Dortmund winger Reda Khadra. (Daily Mail)
Abdoulaye Doucoure has completed his Everton medical ahead of a proposed £22million transfer from Watford. (Daily Mail)
£30M For MENDY
Chelsea have been told they must pay at least £30m to sign Senegal goalkeeper Edouard Mendy, 28, from Rennes. (Telegraph)
Inter Milan will need to raise money by offloading Croatia midfielder Ivan Perisic if they are to bid for 29-year-old Chelsea and France midfielder N’Golo Kante. (Gazzetta dello Sport)
Roma are considering a move for 25-year-old Hertha Berlin and Poland striker Krzysztof Piatek in order to replace Edin Dzeko. (Gazzetta dello Sport)
Hull City are looking to sign Southampton centre-back Alfie Jones, 22, on a permanent deal. (Yorkshire Post)
Bayern Munich’s Spanish midfielder Javi Martinez, 32, is determined to seal a move back to Athletic Bilbao this summer. (Goal)