Paper Talk: Man Utd slash Pogba price as star makes clear exit plan

Date published: Wednesday 5th February 2020 8:26

Manchester United are ready to accept a reduced fee for Paul Pogba amid claims his mind is made up on quitting Old Trafford, while Leicester and Newcastle are ready to bid £20million to sign a Brentford star, according to Wednesday’s Paper Talk.

 

PAUL POGBA MAKES CLEAR HIS INTENTIONS TO QUIT MAN UTD

Paul Pogba has told his Manchester United teammates he fully intends to quit Old Trafford at the end of the season.

The troubled midfielder has managed just six appearances for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side this season due to a persistent ankle injury, with question marks being raised about his commitment to the cause.

The World Cup winner tried to engineer a route out of the club last summer when he said he was tempted to take up a fresh challenge elsewhere, and this season’s increased match action has only furthered claims that he will be allowed to move on.

And now according to the Manchester Evening News, Pogba is determined to end his time with the Red Devils and has his heart set on a return to Juventus, with Real Madrid also firmly in the running to sign him.

Dressing room sources have told the MEN that Pogba’s ‘head is not currently at the club’ and the majority of players believe it is in United’s best interests he moves on. Pogba remains a very popular figure among friends and teammates, who understand his stance.

And with the midfielder still recovering from an ankle injury, there is a growing belief that the player may not even play again for the Red Devils, with his agent Mino Raiola also doing his bit to engineer Pogba a route out of the club.

 

United value Pogba at £180million, but with the player currently having just 18 months left on his deal – though United do have an option to extend that by 12 months – and due to his huge inactivity thanks to his ankle issue, it’s believed the club will now accept just £120million for the player, with his value dropping by a third.

Pogba has had his cast removed from his ankle, but Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says it’s unlikely he’ll be considered for their next game at Chelsea on February 17, while he has also been left behind for their warm-weather training camp to Marbella.

 

AND THE REST

Brentford are preparing for a major summer fight to hang on to star player Said Benrahma, who is wanted by Leicester and Newcastle in a £20million swoop and is widely regarded as the Championship player of the year so far (The Sun)

Manchester City are ready to cut their losses and let flop Joao Cancelo leave this summer (The Sun)

Manchester United fear having to recruit TWO new goalkeepers in the summer – and have already drawn up a list of transfer replacements (The Sun)

Manchester City have opened talks to land Red Bull Salzburg’s 16-year-old scoring sensation Luka Reischl (The Sun)

Athletic Bilbao are monitoring Kepa Arrizabalaga’s Chelsea situation amid claims he could soon be available (The Sun)

West Ham have banned a supporter who wore an anti-board T-shirt while acting as a flag-bearer at the London Stadium last week (The Sun)

Arsenal are monitoring Lille defender Gabriel Magalhaes with a view to a summer move for the 22-year-old Brazilian (The Sun)

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola wants to sign two centre-backs this summer in a move that casts fresh doubt over the future of England defender John Stones (The Times)

United are poised to prioritise a huge summer bid for Jack Grealish after James Maddison moved closer to penning a new deal at Leicester (Daily Mirror)

Edinson Cavani’s mother Berta Gomez has hinted her son could still join Atletico Madrid in the summer, but wants their president Enrique Cerezo to apologise first after a potential January deal for the player fell through (Daily Mirror)

Chelsea target Timo Werner has revealed he is interested in a move to England (Daily Mirror)

Manchester United’s sponsors are growing frustrated at the club for pulling their stars from events in fear of awkward questions given their on-pitch struggles (Daily Mail)

Bayern Munich are still interested in Manchester City winger Leroy Sane (Daily Mail)

Arsenal are interested in Feyenoord’s talented midfielder Orkun Kokcu (Daily Mail)

Bayern Munich CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge says former manager Pep Guardiola ‘seriously considered’ playing goalkeeper Manuel Neuer in midfield during a game (Daily Mail)

Benjamin Mendy has revealed Pep Guardiola told him to limit his antics on social media going forward (Daily Mail)

Atletico Madrid will consider Mauricio Pochettino as their next manager but would face a battle to persuade him to leave the Premier League for his next job (Daily Telegraph)

Bournemouth face a battle to persuade Josh King to sign a new contract following the collapse of his deadline day move to Manchester United (Daily Telegraph)

English football is preparing to take the lead in the expected trials next season for concussion substitutes (Daily Telegraph)

Frank Lampard wants to bring £140m duo Timo Werner and Jadon Sancho to Chelsea in the summer, with Willian and Pedro set to leave Stamford Bridge upon the expiry of their contracts (Daily Star)

 

Crystal Palace goalkeeper Vicente Guaita is top of the shortlist to replace Kepa Arrizabalaga at Chelsea (Daily Star)

West Ham are ready to offload Andriy Yarmolenko this summer (Daily Star)

Loris Karius is in trouble at Besiktas as the club believe the Liverpool loanee has spent too much time partying of late (Daily Star)

Roy Hodgson wants assurances from the Crystal Palace board that money will be spent on new players in the summer before he signs any new deal (Daily Express)

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM