Ajax reveal transfer agreement with €50m Manchester United target

Date published: Monday 29th June 2020 11:12

Ajax manager Erik ten Hag revealed there is an agreement in place with Donny van de Beek to leave the club this summer.

Manchester United old boy Edwin van der Saar, who is now CEO of the Dutch giants, has confirmed the Red Devils’ interest in Van de Beek.

Speaking to Dutch outlet NOS, Van der Sar said: “It’s clear that clubs like Real Madrid and United are showing interest in Donny van de Beek.”

Earlier this month United were believed to be at the head of the queue for the 23-year-old after Real Madrid pulled out of the running to sign the €50m man.

Van de Beek was all set to depart after reportedly agreeing personal terms, but reliable Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf has since claimed Real have “backtracked” on a deal.

United remain interested in Van de Beek, according to the Manchester Evening News and ten Hag says there is an agreement that the player can leave.

“The transfer market will start in August – the top leagues are now being played out, so the money flows are maintained,” the manager told Het Parool.

 

 

Van de Beek options

Donny van de Beek TEAMtalk

“The market value of players will be slightly depressed, but not much. Based on their performance and ambition, a number of our players also want to make the move abroad.

“Agreements have been made with Andre Onana, Donny van de Beek and Nicolas Tagliafico, but it remains to be seen whether the market is indeed breaking loose.

“For Onana and Van de Beek, another year of Ajax could certainly be an option, for Tagliafico it is slightly different because of his age.

“In the preparation I am going to try Lisandro Martínez in that position. He has also played in midfield with us, but he is a defender.”

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM