West Ham confirm David Moyes, two stars test positive for COVID-19

Date published: Tuesday 22nd September 2020 8:07

Moyes.Getty_

West Ham confirmed that David Moyes, Issa Diop and Josh Cullen returned positive tests for COVID-19.

The club’s medical team were informed of the test results as the team were at London Stadium preparing for the Carabao Cup third-round tie against Hull.

The Hammers boss and both players immediately left the stadium and returned home.

All three, who are asymptomatic, will now follow Public Health England and Premier League guidelines and protocols.

Tuesday’s match went ahead as planned, with assistant manager Alan Irvine taking charge of the team.

 

EXCLUSIVE: WEST HAM CHASING CITY DEFENDER

Manchester City are set to accept defeat in their bid to keep Tosin Adarabioyo at the club and will reluctantly decide to sell the defender, TEAMtalk understands.

Adarabioyo has spent the last two seasons on loan in the Championship with West Brom and Blackburn. A number of impressive performances has seen the 6ft 5in star’s stock rise.

But with just over nine months left on his current deal, City have been trying to persuade the defender to sign a new contract.

Pep Guardiola is said to be an admirer and ready to allow the player the chance to compete for a place in the first-team squad.

However, and not unlike his teammate Eric Garcia, he sees his future away from the Etihad.

As such, we’re informed Adarabioyo keeps rejecting their proposals and City are ready to accept defeat.

Now City are ready to sell and interest is mounting in the 22-year-old with a host of Premier League clubs looking closely at him.

We understand that West Ham, Everton, Newcastle, Fulham and Leeds have all spoken with City about a potential deal.

It was reported earlier this year that Carlo Ancelotti’s Everton were leading the chase.

City were reported to told West Ham that Adarabioyo is available for just £8m earlier this week.

 

Related Articles

HAVE YOUR SAY IN OUR FORUM