Antonio Conte future: Trusted Italian reporter drops massive bombshell amid escalating talk of Tottenham exit

Carlos Tevez deal. Antonio Conte, Tottenham manager, is a huge fan of the Swede

Antonio Conte has reached a decision on his Tottenham future, according to a respected Italian journalist, with the news soon likely to be made public.

Conte was appointed by Spurs in November 2021, the former Chelsea and Juventus boss signing an 18-month deal. His impact at Tottenham was immediate, leading the club to a top-four finish at the expense of Arsenal.

And despite spending well in excess of £200m on transfers during his time in charge, the club’s progress has been stunted this season. Indeed, they currently sit fifth in the table, though the gap to the top four could widen to nine points should Manchester United win at Arsenal on Sunday.

And while they are through to the last 16 of the Champions League, behind the scenes, all appears to be unwell. Their supporters trust has written to chairman Daniel Levy to express concern at the direction the club is heading.

Furthermore, Conte has often dropped hints about leaving Tottenham throughout his time in N17. Indeed, just earlier this month he made a worrying ‘I have to go’ declaration’.

And efforts to tie the Italian down to a new and extended deal have so far failed to bear fruit.

However, amid the concern appeared a voice of reason in the shape of Sky Sports man Dharmesh Sheth. He reports that Conte is adamant he will stay on at the club and remains determined to end their trophy drought.

That said, their remains something of a stand-off between Levy and Conte behind the scenes. On one hand, Levy is seemingly unwilling to spend money until Conte commits. But Conte is apparently unwilling to sign until Levy backs him with more transfer cash.

Antonio Conte will leave Tottenham, claims source

Trying to pick apart the uncertainty, our transfer guru Graeme Bailey believes two gettable signings can potentially convince Conte to stay.

However, trusted Italian reporter Gianluca Di Marzio has blown that theory out the water. And he claims Conte will definitely leave Tottenham at the end of his 18-month deal.

“President Levy does not like the frequent jibes and he wants a club where he can win,” he said, as quoted by FcInter1908.

“Not being able to compete for certain targets and not having the same feeling as in the past, without cover from Paratici, they [Conte and Tottenham] will part ways.

“I still don’t know his next club. And perhaps, before returning abroad, he will think twice after what he said about his family.”

Conte has been strongly linked with Juventus, whom he led to three straight Serie A titles between 2012 and 2014.

However, Juve’s 15-point deduction for transfer irregularities means they have dropped to 10th in the Serie A table. It also means, almost certainly, that they will be without European football again next season.

Inter Milan, another of his former clubs, are also among those linked with Conte.

However, both sides currently have managers in place. As such, Di Marzio’s refusal to pin his colours to any team’s mast over Conte suggests his future remains fluid.

That said, it does look increasingly likely to be the end of Conte in England. And it remains to be seen if he will ever manage in the Premier League again.

READ MOREConte throws Levy under the bus after Tottenham do something that’s never happened in his career